PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Irish Patriots Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

gervboy

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi there, my name is gervis knox from ireland and I'm a new member of this great forum. I have been able to watch quite a few NFL games and I have grown to like the Patriots alot..

Can they win the superbowl this year ??? I think so....:rocker:

gervboy said:
Hi there, my name is gervis knox from ireland and I'm a new member of this great forum. I have been able to watch quite a few NFL games and I have grown to like the Patriots alot..

Not a chance. The Dolphins are the greatest team ever assembled, according to the press and Fish fans.

Welcome !

Do they carry a lot of Patriot games in Ireland ?

R

Welcome to the board.

The answer to yoiur questions is that they will be a contender again and that is all any fan should expect at this time of the year.

I hope that you and Mike the Brit don't start fighting on the board. :D

Well theres about 2 games on per week but to watch them live its on early in the morning at about 1-2 am,, lol. Its a sport that is very interesting as there is so much tatics involved and also the games is fast hence exciting to view. Hope to catch more games this year !

Then you picked the right team to watch. The Patriots are always exciting. Somnetimes TOO exciting.

R

PATSNUTme said:
Welcome to the board.

The answer to yoiur questions is that they will be a contender again and that is all any fan should expect at this time of the year.

I hope that you and Mike the Brit don't start fighting on the board. :D

Welcome, gervboy! We have a few Irish posters -- not to mention a Glaswegian Celt and lots of Guinness fans.

Don't pay any attention to my friend, NUT: there are plenty of better people to pick a fight with, if you feel the need! (BTW, if you're in the north, I assume you're watching Channel 5 like me.)

I'm almost full blooded Irish..Does that count? :-D

Welcome aboard my Irish freind :]

yea man I watch it on CH5 ! hard to beat lol :) wer u livin mike ?

Cheers to all you for your kind welcomes !

Last edited by a moderator:
gervboy said:

There'll be some great craic starting Friday night.

What part of Ireland are you from?

gervboy said:

We need more people like you around here.

Heh Mike the Brit, don't forget to turn him on to the DVDs, we need all the armchair analysts we can get!

A hearty 'Welcome' to another European convert - G-cat can play with his sticky wicket all he wants, this is the game for mental gymnastics!

Failte, Gervboy.
My mom is from Galway, near Clare; my dad from Cork, just south of the city.
Keep spreading the good word of the Patriots.
First, New England's team.
Then, America's team.
Next, Ireland's team.
After all, what child of Eire would not admire a team named after those who fought (and defeated) the British?

gervboy said:

I'm in Oxford (well, for another three weeks before re-locating to New England!)

Mike Carlson is the man! Did you know that he was at college with Bill Belichick? They overlapped on the football and lacrosse teams. Best Mike Carlson on Bill Belichick quote: "He's the best coach in football and the worst dressed. And that's not a coincidence."

Welcome to the Board. The more overseas fans the better.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Heh Mike the Brit, don't forget to turn him on to the DVDs, we need all the armchair analysts we can get!

A hearty 'Welcome' to another European convert - G-cat can play with his sticky wicket all he wants, this is the game for mental gymnastics!

I'm not much of a fan of Football myself. I don't spend much time on here as you know. :D

I do agree that it an incredibly challenging game, intellectually. I gave up trying to analyse the game after seeing your analyses. Much as I hate to admit, I really am not worthy.

Last edited:
captain stone said:
Failte, Gervboy.
My mom is from Galway, near Clare; my dad from Cork, just south of the city.
Keep spreading the good word of the Patriots.
First, New England's team.
Then, America's team.
Next, Ireland's team.
After all, what child of Eire would not admire a team named after those who fought (and defeated) the British?

Erm, he's from N.Ireland. Have a guess what the N. stands for.....

gomezcat said:
I'm not much of a fan of Football myself. I don't spend much time on here as you know. :D

I do agree that it an incredibly challenging game, intellectually. I gave up trying to analyse the game after seeing your analyses. Much as I hate to admit, I really am not worthy.
As to your worth, we'll leave that to Miss G-cat to sort out at the market place - however, you do bring a certain entertainment value to the forum for those of us with low humor issues. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes