Welcome to PatsFans.com

Irene We pray for new england

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by pherein, Aug 28, 2011.

1. pherein

pherein Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

All are hopes and prayers go to your people, and families. We will hope for the best, and help if you need, as you did for us. You are such a kind and good people. Please be safe, and know we in New Orleans care, love , and are thinking of you.
  2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +505 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Thanks dude. As always, you're a class act.

It's been weird. Some areas, like mine (thankfully), got some wind, a lot of rain, and not much else. Our basement started to flood, but we caught it quick enough and dug a trench from the house fast enough to stop it from getting worse. Other than that, and a stupid bear running through the garden, not much happened.

But other areas have been pummeled and as the water continues to drain from the mountains and into the valleys, it will only get worse. I'm fine, have power, and such, but less than 4 miles in each direction, there is no power, roads are blocked, and floodwaters are wreaking havoc.

My father works for CL&P and he said the estimate given to get every last house in CT online was two weeks.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

We have some downed limbs and blown-around stuff in the middle of the Commonwealth here. Not bad. Just west and north of us got beat up pretty good. Most people I know out in the woods are without power and have tons of trees down- good for firewood and getting sun to the lawn if you're looking for an upside. A good friend list his driveway and a small barn in southern VT and about three years of firewood are laying in his yard. His neighbor lost his car and driveway, too. I might be heading up there tomorrow night to lend a hand, unless he gets it done first, which I wouldn't put past him. People out there are pretty rugged.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the kind thought Pherein. It sure didn't seem like much damage at all here in Boston, but I'm out of work for the day. I'm a contractor and the distribution center I needed to get materials from is closed and today's customer is without power. This, however, is not the worst thing that could have happened to me.

I personally suffered from about double the damage depicted in that semi-famous pic of the earthquake damage from last week. I had two chairs down, not just one. There are a bunch of trees down around town though.