Welcome to PatsFans.com

Iraqis shot 'for wearing shorts'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 27, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

File this under WTF are we doing here or WTF is the sense of this conflict, but apparently some Iraqi athletes in shorts were shot for wearing shorts after leaflets were distributed forbidding shorts. Have to wonder what road we are on in this country and what have we created here, tennis players wearing shorts are killed...article also talks about how 15 members of a TaeKwando team were kidnapped last week. Is this a great democracy or is it just idiocy gone wild.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5020804.stm

Coach Hussein Ahmed Rashid and players Nasser Ali Hatem and Wissam Adel Auda were killed in the al-Saidiya district of the capital.

Witnesses said the three were dressed in shorts and were killed days after militants issued a warning forbidding the wearing of shorts.

Other Iraqi athletes have been targeted in recent incidents.

In this case, according to accounts, the men dropped off laundry and were then stopped in their vehicle by gunmen.

Leaflets

Two of the athletes stepped out of the car and were shot in the head, said one witness. The third was shot dead in the vehicle.

"The gunman took the body out of the car and threw it on top of the other two bodies before stealing the car," said the witness, who requested anonymity.

He said leaflets had been recently distributed in the area warning residents not to wear shorts.

Last week, 15 members of Iraq's taekwondo team were kidnapped between Falluja and Ramadi, west of Baghdad, said a member of the Iraqi Olympic Committee. The kidnappers have demanded $100,000 for their release.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2005
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +990 / 2 / -9

I posted my solution to this problem on here a few days ago it was,
    "ENLIST THE HELP OF SEAN PENN & GEORGE CLOONEY, SEND THEM TO IRAQ ON A FACT FINDING TRIP WITH THEIR CAMERA'S"

Now you know why all the people that want the Nativity Scene REMOVED from American Town Halls, and all those that "Bash Jesus" would NEVER dare to "Bash Allah" (Madonna, All The Entertainment World And Organized Liberalism) they are GUTLESS SWINE, they don't have the Balls to condem any wrong doing Commited by MUSLIMS, the Liberal Media doesn't even have the courage to condem BEHEADINGS, "Coward Two Faced BASTARDS:

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

That's it, Harry, blame Americans. Blame Sean Penn, George Clooney, the 1000s of journalists who report the news, the liberals, the Democrats. You love it when bad things happen in Iraq. That way you can blame the liberals.

4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +990 / 2 / -9

WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU HAVE HEARD A LIBERAL CONDEM AMERICA'S ENEMY, THE ENEMY THAT ATTACKED AMERICA, THE ENEMY THAT DISMEMBERS HUMAN BEINGS ON LIVE TV, THE ENEMY THAT WON'T LET A WOMEN RIDE IN THE FRONT SEAT OF A CAR?

THE REASON, THEY ARE GUTLESS COWARDS, THEY WOULDN'T DARE DO TO THE PROPHET MOHAMMAD THE THINGS THAT THEY DO TO CHRISTIANITY.

REMEMBER THE STATUE OF JESUS CHRIST FLOATING IN THE BOTTLE OF PISS IN THE NY MUSEUM, A LIBERAL PUT HIM IN THERE AND EVERY GOD DAMN LIBERAL IN NYC DEFENDED HIM. TRY DOING THAT TO THE MUSLIMS.

5. Patters

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

Every day. I read about Muslim radical violence in the liberal media, you know the same media you complain about for only reporting bad news.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +990 / 2 / -9

Do they trash Allah the way they do Jesus, if I said some of the things about the Muslims that some of the posters on here do about the Christians the thread would be locked.

:rocker:

7. Patters

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Has someone here bashed Jesus? I'm atheist, but I always thought Jesus was the most important liberal in history.

8. Patters

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

As a liberal it's my duty to help enlighten the wretched among us. Besides, Harry has a good sense of humor.

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +990 / 2 / -9

The Left Wing Liberal FEARS the Muslim, the Liberal knows the Christian won't hurt him, the Liberals are the Bullys, the Bully always goes after the kid that won't "fight back"

The COWARD liberal knows if he attacks Allah the same way he attacks Jesus he may very well "Lose His Head". (Hollywood for example)

The Cartoon Riots:
    liberal and leftist opinion always condemns violent Muslim demonstrations, but always with a "but." The "but" is that in the final analysis, it was the Danish and other European papers' faults for insulting the Muslim prophet.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49033

10. glecco

glecco On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

More Iraqi athletes "targeted"?

A better subject line for this thread might be a simple “Iraqi’s Shotâ€. I’ve read the linked article and there is no statement that they were executed because they were wearing shorts. To be sure, the writer of the article juxtaposed two items which could be true. These were the statement that the men who were killed were wearing shorts and, the statement (by hearsay) that there was a leaflet distributed in the area which forbade the wearing of shorts. The poster of this thread was lead to infer that the victims were killed because they were wearing shorts.

There’s no telling what agenda the BBC writer is following but he evidently wished to influence the readers, and the poster of this thread obligingly took the bait. For heavens sake folks, we all have a brain and it’s best to use it.

The BBC article also states that the men were athletes and that some athletes had been recently “targeted†(whatever this means). The article also stated that the car was stolen. Could this outrage be nothing more than entrepreneurial activity in an unregulated environment? Could this be a vendetta against the coach or athletes? There were evidently some athletes kidnapped for a hefty ransom – yet another example of unregulated entrepreneurial activity? I have no idea why these men were killed – and neither does the poster nor, apparently, the BBC reporter. If the reporter knew that the men were shot because they were wearing shorts then he would have stated this as a fact.

Bush’s policy decisions seem to have turned Iraq into a brutal Wonderland of killings, Byzantine politics and a place sadly decaying into anarchy.

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +990 / 2 / -9

BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS RIGHT, DEEP IN YOUR HEART YOU KNOW ALL YOU LIBERALS A BUNCH OF ASS HOLES, WHY DO YOU THINK LIMBAUGH & COULTER ARE FAMOUS MILLIONAIRES KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.

COMMONSENSE COMES FROM THE MOUTHS OF THE NEO CONS

Patters is a kind and caring butterfly chasing liberal who has a good sense of humor and lives in Cambridge (my home town). Patters, don't give any money to those Wino's with the dunkin doughnuts coffee cups begging in Harvard Sq, I know some of them, they own most of the three deckers down in Cambridgeport.

NEM DEM, it's Memorial Day, go to the Cemetery and say a prayer for our President.

NEM, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF ALLAH :eek:

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

In the early 60s, when I was a little kid, I used to chase and catch butterflies in the Bronx all the time. Now, there are hardly any butterflies even in a place like Cambridge. Sort of makes me like Al Gore and the environmentalists. As is, we're leaving the kids a dirtier and dirtier world.

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +990 / 2 / -9

I also chased butterflys (Charles River) there's to many people in the world, nothing is forever, soon we will all be gone, you can see it coming, then Mother Nature will start all over again.

14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

For all you naysayers, Faux News is now reporting this today, so it must be true...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197284,00.html

BAGHDAD, Iraq — An Iraqi tennis coach and two of his players were killed because they were wearing shorts, apparently in violation of a warning by Islamic extremists.

Gunmen stopped the car in which the athletes were riding and asked them to step out before shooting them Wednesday, Manham Kubba, secretary general of the Iraqi Tennis Union, said Saturday. The coach, Hussein Ahmed Rashid, was Sunni, and the two players were Shiite, Kubba said.

The athletes were in shorts when they were killed and police believe the attack was related to a warning by extremists against such attire, police Lt. Maitham Abdul Razzaq said. He said the warning was made in leaflets distributed in the Sadiyah neighborhood in southwest Baghdad a week before the attack.

The deaths of the three had previously been reported, but the statements provided more details and clarified that all the victims were tennis pla

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +990 / 2 / -9

But of course Fox is reporting it, you won't hear story's like this from CBS, ABC or cute Perky Katie because in doing so it would make America's ENEMY look BAD, story's like this put the Terrorist Savage Muslim in a "Bad Light" and the Left Wing Anti American Bush Hating Media Can't Have That.

What CBS wants is more story's about American Troops shooting little children.

AMERICA IS AT WAR WITH FANATICAL RELIGOUS SAVAGE SCUM.

16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

You make no sense, do not understand your logic nor do I understand what point of view you represent... except you believe the hollywood liberals are responsible for just about everything.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2005
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +990 / 2 / -9

Reads it slowly, "Reporting the bad news that our enemy does could make Americans "DISLIKE" our enemy, the Sore Loser Bush Haters don't want Americans to "DISLIKE" our enemy, if we "DISLIKE" our enemy it may make the Americans support KILLING our enemy and God Forbid, it may even make "Some Americans" support the Hated Bush.

Hollywood Liberals aren't RESPONSIBLE for everything wrong, but most of them support everything that is wrong.