Welcome to PatsFans.com

Iraqi leader tells Bush: Get Gen Petraeus out

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jul 28, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +371 / 11 / -28

From the UK Telegraph, a right wingie MSM, guess that this is not working as well as expected.. this along with the absent Iraqi Parliament on vacation is troubling...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...FFOAVCBQWIV0?xml=/news/2007/07/28/wirq128.xml

Relations between the top United States general in Iraq and Nouri al-Maliki, the country's prime minister, are so bad that the Iraqi leader made a direct appeal for his removal to President George W Bush.

Although the call was rejected, aides to both men admit that Mr Maliki and Gen David Petraeus engage in frequent stand-up shouting matches, differing particularly over the US general's moves to arm Sunni tribesmen to fight al-Qa'eda.

One Iraqi source said Mr Maliki used a video conference with Mr Bush to call for the general's signature strategy to be scrapped. "He told Bush that if Petraeus continues, he would arm Shia militias," said the official. "Bush told Maliki to calm down."

At another meeting with Gen Petraeus, Mr Maliki said: "I can't deal with you any more. I will ask for someone else to replace you."

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

If we don't listen to the Prime Minister, I think that makes us an occupying force as opposed to a liberating force.

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

We're here to help...now just STFU you dirty, stupid Muslim.

4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Of course Maliki wants him out. The sooner the better. The quicker Petraeus gets out (and us too), the quicker his shia death squads can commense the slaughter of all those dirty sunni scum. :rolleyes:

Maliki is a peice of sh!t. He is one of the big huddles to making any progess over there.

You guys are right, we need to get the fukc out of that crap hole and let those savages commence to killing each other.

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

When I have a blister, I pop it. Better than to let it fill with puss and get infected and then have to amputate the finger. Sometimes a little violence and pain is better in the long run.