Welcome to PatsFans.com

Iraqi Det Camps become recruiting ground for terrorists...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Apr 8, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Once again the US Army, through no fault of its own, is not able to manage prisons.. they are cast into unfamiliar roles .. Instead of classifying prisoners dependent on their security needs, just lump everyone together and it becomes a recruiting ground for terrorists... once again do not throw the baby out with the bath water, just because it is the LA Times does not mean it is not credible.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-prisons8apr08,0,751279,print.story

U.S.-run detention camps in Iraq have become a breeding ground for extremists where Islamic militants recruit and train supporters, and use violence against perceived foes, say former inmates and Iraqi officials.

Extremists conducted regular indoctrination lectures, and in some cases destroyed televisions supplied by the Americans for use with educational videos, banned listening to music on radios, forbade smoking and stoked tensions between Sunni and Shiite detainees, they said.

Iraqis swept up in security operations and held indefinitely while the Americans try to determine whether they have any links to the insurgency are susceptible to the extremists' message, former detainees said.

Their accounts of life in Camp Cropper, the main U.S. detention center at the Baghdad airport, indicate that three years after the abuse scandal at the Abu Ghraib prison, the U.S. is still struggling to find a balance in the way it runs its detention system.

2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, this is what you get when people start b!tching about how things were done at Abu Ghuraib.

Good God! You can't have it both ways!! Either we treat them as POWs and lock them down tight, or we let them go. Just treating them as "ordinary criminals", as some are suggesting, WILL NOT WORK!

//

3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

There is something in between this, called classification dependent on security needs of the prisoner... there are two extremes here Abu Ghuraib and the current burger king method.. have it your way.

4. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm sure if you want to go and volunteer your time they'd be happy to have you help out.

//

5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

If I was younger would consider it.. this adm pays mercenaries very well.

6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Are you freaking kidding? I hope so.
    If not I'm sure the brave men and women risking their lives for their country and your sorry ***** appreciate your take on them.

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

Folsom Prison is a breeding ground for "Gang Bangers", don't tell me that the Bush Haters now think we should try to "rehabilitate" Muslim Terrorists, maybe we should send a group of Democrats over there and teach them how to play Basketball.

When will these Looney Sore Losing Democrat Fools come to grips with the fact that we have an enemy that is willing to strap bombs on their own little children just to KILL a few of us, we are at war with "Stone Age Animals", we are fighting them over there so we won't have to fight them over here in your yard.

God help America if the people elect one of these sniveling knee jerking, hand wringing liberal democrats to run this country in a time of war.

Listen here you babbling fools, your not going to stop this enemy of headhunters by giving them Food Stamps as soon as you start your left wing slobbering sh!t they will be over here carving your little childrens heads off and blowing up the superbowl.

If the people want to keep America safe they have to keep these Cowardly Looney Left Wing Anti American Democrats out of the f-cking White House and out of power, your way lof life depends on it.

Once the Democrat Dingobats have their first public debate on national TV you will see what I mean, they will destroy themselves.

Obooma
    Pant Suitt Hillary
    Pretty Boy Edwards
    Little Kanuchi Wootsie
    Joe Biden
    Can you picture these Whacko's trying to defend you and run a war :singing: :singing:

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

What are you talking about?? This makes no sense, not talking about our fighting men and women, talking about how our military cannot do everything they are supposed to be doing and they are essentially warriors cast into a variety of roles, some of which they are not prepare for.

9. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"Breeding grounds" for terrorists have always been around. Only the names and places have changed.

10. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Harry, I'm nominating you for poster of the year. Already. Just don't get a fat head over it.

:D

//

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Actually, any of these Dems who have flip-flopped and blown like seeds in the wind give me nightmares when I think of them in the White House. They are so out of touch with reality it's genuinely scary.

Bill Clinton had eight years to do something about the al qaeda threat, the growing terrorist movement, but he was too busy chasing skirt to let it bother him. His adoring NOW minions loved him to death even though he molested many women. Un-freaking-believable how low some people will go just out of blind obedience to the almighty Party. Scary as hell.

Geo Bush doesn't even care what other Repubs say, and will do what he believes in his heart is best for the nation and the world. The world needs many more like him. I admire his guts. It's not easy being in that position, I'm sure. Loneliest place on earth, almost. God bless him, God bless all of us.

//

12. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, I keep hearing about that. If the Halliburton money is a freely flowing as people say it is, there must be plenty for a guy like you, I'm sure.

//

13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

I found 1 little comment very biased and attempting to set expectations in the article. The said that the Red Cross says the (paraphrasing) 'the vast majority' of detainees are innocent. How the hell would they know 1 way or the other. These are guy who are detained during military engagements.

Very prejudicial comment. BTW the prison keepers usually have little control inside the prison, the inmates run a lot on the inside. IMO this is more the morm than the exception.

BTW what solution is there?

We have released guys from GITMO they have shown up on the battlefield trying to kill Coalition troops later.

14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

GITMO is doing exactly what it was created to do: be a POW camp.

Remember "Saving Private Ryan"?? How bummed were you to see that the guy that the Tom Hanks character believed and took pity upon turned out to be the one who later killed him.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

//

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

America now has the worst kind of enemy any country could ever have, they don't wear uniforms, they are not confined to any one region, they are all over this planet, you probably have them going to a Mosque right in your hometown USA, they are bloodthirsty killers, they kill women and children with the same savagery that they would with an enemy soldier, they behead human beings on TV for the whole world to see and they do it with pride, they strap bombs on their own little children and then send them among you, TO BLOW YOU UP, and the biggest danger America faces is that these unholy savage bastards believe their God wants them to do this, slaughtering human beings is written into their "Holy Book", if they blow their own guts, and your women and childrens guts all over Main St their "Holy Book" tells them there are 72 Virgin Women waiting naked ready to rub them down with warm Olive Oil in Paradise.

The Islamic Religious Fanatic Killer my liberal Bush Hating left wing slobbering liberal friends is a very dangerous enemy to have, you can kiss their a$s all you want but remember, they will slit your throat the very first chance they get, they will kill your little blonde blue eyed child and then dance with joy, they are sub human animals.

That is your enemy and your hatred for George Bush, your Blubbering Left Wing dislike for anything that is Conservative Or Patriotic America gives great support to those who would slaughter your children, so don't offend them, keep kissing their a$s, tell them you love them, tell us all about the "Good Ones" then some day one of them will cut your head off.

The radical religious terrorist Muslims LOVE the new American Democrat.

Your President, George W Bush is protecting your little children from these savage ruthless murderers, get down on your knees right now and pray to your God that your next president will do the same also Pray to your God to deliver us from the likes of the Murtha/Pelsoi/Kennedy cowardly hateful bastards who would make it possible for the killers to come to our country again and kill thousands more of us.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA
    :bricks:

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

I'm not sure why this would be such a shocking story. Obviously it's of concern, but what can you really do? We have invested billions into our own jail system, and do you think it's not a recruiting ground for criminals and gangs? Of course it is. Remember, jails tend to have bad people in them. That some of them would try to recruit, or band together is to be expected I think. Obviiously, in Iraq, such a deal is of importance because of the situation at hand. I think it's concerning, but at the same time, I think it's to be expected. The only thing you might be able to do is try to reduce their efficiency, but you'll never eradicate it.

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

All serial murderers, rapist-murderers, and child sex-molesters should be permanently quarantined from the rest of human society for the rest of their lives. They need to be separated for life, with no chance to re-enter society where they undoubtedly will continue their murderous ways. They need to be sent to exile in the farthest north regions of the earth. Each one by him self. No one else near to him. Give them a warm coat, a book of matches, a bit of fishing line, a loaf of bread, and a tin cup. If they survive, more power to them. If they cannot, they got what they deserved from nature.

//

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

A far left wing progressive liberal democrat would rather put the Cop that arrested them in jail.

19. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

We need a completely new kind of ACLU. How about the "American Common Sense Union" (ACSU)??

//

20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

When Gitmo first opened one of the prisoners that they had captured in Afganistan was a sixteen year old kid, they released him and sent him home because of his age, he was home for two weeks when a reporter from the USA happened to find out he was at Gitmo, the reporter interviewed him, the kid told the reporter "he wanted to go back to Gitmo" the kid was living in a tent with his parents and three other members of his family, the reporter said they ate "flat bread all day long and were drinking water from a river that had three dead donkey's in it.

The kid said he missed the "American Food, the clean clothes and the ocean air" (lemon chicken)