Welcome to PatsFans.com

Iraq War Bailout - $12 billion a month

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Dec 6, 2008.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What's the big deal with the $25 billions bailout for the 3 American car companies.

We are now spending $12 billion a month to bail out George Bush's Iraq war.

So what's the problem with spending a few more billions to save American jobs? :confused:

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

George Bush's and Congress' war. Congress voted to authorize it. I also don't buy the cost as much of the cost is fixed and would be spent even without a war. That said, I wish we hadn't gone it - but let's not exaggerate the blame or the cost.
  3. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

This is George Bush's War.

He initiated it and Congress went along because of Bush's lies and deceptions.

In case you have forgotten, here are some of Bush and Cheney's quotes used to duped the American public and congress into authorizing the war:

Cheney: No Doubt Saddam Has WMD
    Aug. 26, 2002Dick Cheney, Vice President
    "Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction." (more)

Bush: Iraq Currently Expanding WMD Production
    Sep. 12, 2002George W. Bush, Speech to UN General Assembly
    "Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons."

Bush: Iraq Has WMD Stockpile
    Oct. 5, 2002George W. Bush, Radio Address
    "Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons, and is rebuilding the facilities used to make more of those weapons." (more)

Bush: Iraq Possesses and Produces Chemical Weapons
    Oct. 7, 2002 George W. Bush
    "The Iraqi regime . . . possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons. We know that the regime has produced thousands of tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, sarin nerve gas, VX nerve gas." (more)

Bush: 500 Tons of Sarin, 30,000 Munitions
    Jan. 28, 2003George W. Bush
    "Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent" and "upwards of 30,000 munitions capable of delivering chemical agents... " (more)

May 30, 2003
    Bush cites 2 trailers found as evidence of " the weapons of mass destruction" that were the United States' primary justification for going to war.
    washingtonpost
    "Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons."
    George W. Bush, Speech to UN General Assembly 9/12/2002

"Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons, and is rebuilding the facilities used to make more of those weapons. We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have."
    George W. Bush, Radio Address 10/5/2002

"The Iraqi regime . . . possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons. We know that the regime has produced thousands of tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, sarin nerve gas, VX nerve gas."
    George W. Bush, Cincinnati, Ohio Speech 10/7/2002

"We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas."
    George W. Bush, Cincinnati, Ohio Speech 10/7/2002

"Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent."
    George W. Bush, State of the Union Address 1/28/2003

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  4. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

How can anyone claim this is not George Bush's war? Congress approved it, so that dismisses all liability from the President who pushed for it, cherry picked evidence, had a vendetta against Saddam, told his cabinet to find a reason to invade Iraq, covetted to be a war time President, etc, etc. I'm sure the people of Utah believe its Bush's war and that he is doing a mighty fine job as well.
  5. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

it's a common GOP copout to say that Congress voted for the war. It's just one more example how the government and media control the people by playing on their emotions.

hello 1984
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

:confused:

Who's dismissing Bush from all liability ? Certainly not me. Regarding "cherry picking evidence", I has seen or read nothing that suggested Congressmen were prohibited from their own research - heck, I, as a citizen, saw the one weapons inspector on multiple TV interviews who was ridiculed for saying there were no WMD. That's just a convenient excuse that works because picking on Bush is SOOO easy.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

It's just as easy of a copout to say Congress was prevented from access to information.
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

BF...even you have to admit, it's so easy to pick on Bush because the man is an idiot. Do you deny that he is the most under-qualified president in US history?
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

That's what I said, "picking on Bush is so easy". That doesn't make Congress innocent bystanders though.
  10. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

even if they had access to info it could have been political suicide to take a stand against the majority. the country was out for blood. now i realize this shouldn't be a reason to follow.

I'm sure congress has access to a ton of information but too many side deals are made just like the earmarks in the bailout plan.

so my point is everyone is partly to blame, those who knew it was wrong and said nothing. as they say evil happens when good people do nothing.

the president should be at the top of that list as he got everyone to follow as he led the nation down this path like it or not
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I don't disagree with that. I do disagree with those who blame the White House and nobody else.
  12. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

If there was a mastermind behind the war, it would be either Bush or Cheney. Not saying congress was blameless, but Bush was the Commander In Chief and the one that was pushing for an invasion. To me, that equals: Bush's War.
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I agree with everything there.

I don't agree with that. Bush's more than anyone else's ? Sure. But Bush (and his administration)'s alone ? No.
  14. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The Iraq War is 100% George Bush's war.

Without George Bush, there is no Iraq War.

It is really that simple.

15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

It's not that simple because others could have stopped him. But I'd be repeating myself.

For example :

Are the Patriots' 3 Super Bowls 100% Brady's because without Brady there are no Super Bowls. Follow ?
  16. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So protest the war and you're a scum sucking terrorist enabler that's getting US soldiers killed,

Don't protest the war and you're just as culpable as the guy who planned the invasion from day 1 of his presidency. To some people its be a neo-con or be wrong.

Sign on Bush's desk: The buck stops someplace else.
  17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Funny, you're the first person in this thread to say either of these things which you seem to think has been said. Get a grip.
  18. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It doesn't matter if there is or isn't anyone who can stop him.

The issue is very simple:

If there is no George Bush, would there be an Iraq War?

If the answer is NO, then Iraq is George Bush's War.

19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I have a grip on the fact that its human nature for people to rally behind their President after traumatic events like 9-11 and that it therefore behooves him to exercise restraint after something like that happens. When the guy YOU voted for failed to do that the Democrats were backed into a corner. Refusing to fund this stupid war in 2003 would have led straight to a Democratic bloodbath during the Congressional elections of 2004. Then there wouldn't have been an opposition party to clean up the mess after the hysteria died down.
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Agree 100%
    I hate G. Bush. He should be in prison for treason. He's an evil POS who initiated this rush to war, but he couldn't have done it if Congress had any balls and stopped him. Talk about copouts! Anyone who blames Bush alone for Iraq is either ignorant of the fact or refuses to admit it - Congress allowed this to happen! Why did Ted Kennedy vote against it? Because he knew what I know about Bush. The rest who voted for authorization are finger-in-the-wind scum.