Welcome to PatsFans.com

Iraq war amputee denied photo-op with Bush

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Feb 20, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

“‘Are you telling me that I can’t go to the ceremony ’cause I’m an amputee?‘” asked David Thomas, an Iraq war veteran who was awarded a Purple Heart.

Thomas was told he could not wear shorts to attend a ceremony with President Bush because the media would be there, and shorts were not advisable because the amputees would be seated in the front row.

David responded, “I’m not ashamed of what I did, and y’all shouldn’t be neither.” When the guest list came out for the ceremony, his name was not on it.

John Aravosis tracks other cases of disgraceful treatment toward veterans.

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +372 / 11 / -28

This is in line with my idea that the Iraqi conflict is some type of high stakes video game, that is far from the reality of american daily life. Best to keep these kinds out of the photo ops, might become real for american people.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

I'll say this about GW, he's visited with an extremely high number of families who've lost someone in Iraq. He's been noted, from lots of articles that I've read, for visiting with the wounded. Sometimes this stuff is fair, sometimes it's not. I guess it depends on your perspective. I for one, have no problems with people showing the bad pics of war. That's reality to me. Just the same though, I'd also want the blown up body parts of terrorist attack shown too. The problem is, when you show stuff like that, as some have argued, you get to emotional a response from the public. Again, all depends on your perspective. I'd show everything, or show very little. Everything would be fine by me.

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

This guy has serious issues dating back to the death of his sister about funerals/deaths. He is a pu$$y and deserves no credit for his treatment of our lost soldiers, or our over 600,000 wounded veterans. He is a coward.

This Walter Reed story is about as clear as you can get on his 'support the troops' mentality.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/17/AR2007021701172.html

6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

When you are in the military and you are going to an event with the Commander in Cheif present they will dictate how you have to dress. HE was invited he was asked to not wear shorts he refused, he was disinvited.

I will bet Bush had no knowledge of any of this.

How do all of you feel about the Code Pink protesters who harrass the soldiers going into and out of Walter Reed?

7. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Code Pink didn't send our soldiers to Iraq. Are you serious?

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

If you were invited to the white house and you only had one leg would you wear a pair of shorts
    :bricks:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

APOLOGIST BULLSH_T ALERT!
    What! Are you kidding me?! This kid gives his limb for his country and this POS coward / traitor has people in his staff that think that it is right to not invite this kid? You're joking, right?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  10. PATRIOTS-80

PATRIOTS-80 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Three of a kind? :D

11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Hey, again, he has. I read all the milblogs Wistah. They say so. Read the article, they invited him, they wanted him to wear pants, he wanted shorts, he refused. I don't agree with the decision. Again it's politics. He shows his prostetic, and the anti-war crowd drools. That's how I see it. I don't agree with the decision, but with the way this war is politicized, it's how it goes. At any rate, GW meets with lots of the people who've lost family members in Iraq. That's all I was trying to say.

12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

I am talking about Code Pink's harassment of wounded soldiers outside of Walter Reed where they hold their protests.

13. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I know, these people are dead wrong. The soldiers are simply doing their job.

Maybe you are right to compare radical idiots with Bush.