Welcome to PatsFans.com

Iran's Ahmadinejad has 'proof' US won't attack

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I don't know if this should make us laugh or cry?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2007090...70903084000;_ylt=AqIhvZw0tjD4eztwAhaFAYZSw60A

TEHRAN (AFP) - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has sought to justify his confidence the United States will not attack Iran, saying the proof comes from his mathematical skills as an engineer and faith in God, the press reported on Monday.

Ahmadinejad told academics in a speech that elements inside Iran were pressing for compromise in the nuclear standoff with the West over fears the United States could launch a military strike.

"In some discussions I told them 'I am an engineer and I am examining the issue. They do not dare wage war against us and I base this on a double proof'," he said in the speech on Sunday, reported by the reformist Etemad Melli and Kargozaran newspapers.

"I tell them: 'I am an engineer and I am a master in calculation and tabulation.

"I draw up tables. For hours, I write out different hypotheses. I reject, I reason. I reason with planning and I make a conclusion. They cannot make problems for Iran.'"
  2. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, at least he stopped at a "double proof" rather than going for the nearly impossible "triple dog proof." That would have had me questioning his rationality.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Very true, but since he didn't, I don't think anyone needs to be concerned with his obtaining nukes. :eek:
  4. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think he may have hinted at "double-secret-proof".:D
  5. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He knew he didn't have the votes at the Inter-Fraternity Council for that.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Hollywood wife swappers love those kind of people another one of their heros Hugo Chavez said yesterday "I am going to remain dictator until the year 2007 and nobody can stop me" what he relly means is if they try to get a new president he will kill them.

How many terms has the old Commie Castro had, he is another darling of America's Left Wing, Castro is getting ready to kick the bucket most of Hollywood will attend the funeral and the NY Times building will fly it's flag at half staff for three days, Barbara "wrinkles" Walters will mourn and have to be sedated she will wear black for one year.
    God Is Great
    :bricks:
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Yea, but you got guys on the other side who are getting ready for the never back down, "triple dog dare"... so watch out.
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

Interesting that the st5ory mentions that 'elements' in Iran want to cut a deal, because the fear that Bush would order an attack.

This fear causes them to want to cut a deal, think they would be worried about an attack in Kerry were president, think they will do anything but give us the finger if Hillary is president?
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

typical ridiculous and insulting righty fear-card spin ... when you're finished beating your chest, consider that Iran may want to cut a deal because it is their nation that would descend into chaos if their infrastructure were obliterated, just like what we've done to Iraq... i see that as common sense and diplomacy, something your heroes in office seem opposed to... you know, actually talking?
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

From the artilce posted above by HD "that elements inside Iran were pressing for compromise in the nuclear standoff with the West over fears the United States could launch a military strike."

That apparently it how the Iranians feel about the US.