Welcome to PatsFans.com

Iranian ships provoke US war ships

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Jan 7, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

Gulf of Tonkin, Redux ??????

3. jack

jack 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's remarkable restraint, I would have blasted those boats...

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 3 / -10

If they did that The Pelosi Gang would be all over TV this morning screaming and whailing for "Bush Impeachment"

5. jack

jack 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We would be at war with country number 3 ....

6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good Lord, you've officially turned into a Maverick clone. You probably believe that U.S. orchestrated the kidnapping of those British marines and sailors from way back when.... :rolleyes:

7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +461 / 12 / -14

Hey NEM remember the rubber boat and the USS Cole?

8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anyone but me find it absolutely hilarious how the moonbats (so predictable like clockwork) constantly default to the "Blame America First" position..?

Seriously... an incident occurs on the Strait of Hormuz and we see one moonbat after another in here immediately come out with the Blame-America-First position. Just more evidence of their hatred of America and American values.

9. ArmyPatsFan

ArmyPatsFan On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unbelievable how some people's first thoughts go towards a conspiracy....mine were....wow I am glad the Sailors are okay....and screw Iran

10. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yeah I tend to lean towards the fact the Ahmadinejad is just trying to bolster morale and bluffing, knowing that we're not going to react to his puffery. I'm sure it makes his people feel good to know they stood up to the big, bad Great Satan, and it makes him look better to them. I don't think it's the beginning of an excuse to invade Iran.

11. ArmyPatsFan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

whatever Nem........ your hate for the administration blinds you and colors everything the way you want to see it. I am sure the US hired 5 boats and crew to dupe the hundreds of American Soldiers who saw the events unfold and put their lives in jeopardy......how silly of me to think it could not be true.

12. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Um, great idea there Iran, go ahead and poke the dog with a stick to see if it bites you. They really should have stuck to more traditional shennanigans like mooning and water balloons.

NEM, please stop posting the exact same material over and over, I've seen that same post at least 10 times now. You fail to understand that 1. you misundertand the meaning of "fix" to brits, and the downing street memo is from one brit intelligence officer reporting on what he thought, not necesarily the reality of the situation, 2. the White House markets ALL its decisions (thus WHIG), and 3. there was faulty intelligence, and the blame is on the intelligence community, not the White House. The only thing we don't know is if the White House had access to concrete evidence that there were no WMDs or WMD programs that Congress did not see before they voted. There is a lot of insinuating that was the case, but we have no idea since the White house refuses to release what they got from CIA (and are not required to). Until we see otherwise all the repetition in the world doesn't make what you think more true. Was the case overstated? Yes. Were there lies? No, at least as far as we know right now.

Its awful that so many people automatically jump to the conclusion that this is some kind of fabrication by the US.

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

You'd think that after the 15 sailor kidnapping that people would at least give their own country the benefit of the doubt. I guess not. [​IMG]

14. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It's the new fun craze sweeping the nation, Mia Culpa! No matter what, it's America's fault.

I agree that America causes problems, but the constant routine of blaming America for every little thing is annoying, at the least, and dangerous at the most.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  15. ArmyPatsFan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks Nem...I'll leave the obsessive compulsive behaior to you and the other conspiracy folks.

16. mtbykr

mtbykr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

Nem, please stop copying and pasting crap the democratic underground....if i wanted to read fringe lunatic rants i would go there. To be honest I am actually surprised that it took until your 2nd post in this thread to bring up the 'i hate bush and it's all his fault' rants!

17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Amen, amen, amen. Particularly when done from INSIDE of America!!! I can think of very few countries -- if any -- in the world where one could say these kinds of things without the national security people being all over them in a flash. Geez, Louise, take a look at the rest of the world, maybe for the first time ever!!

//

18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 3 / -10

A real Far Left Liberal will NEVER give America the benefit of the Doubt even though America is their home, America is their family the place their children live the country that gives them the freedom of speech to trash their own country, the country that has provided the "CONSTITUTION" that the bastards are always bleating about, they are "Hateful People" and I can't understand why some of the more radical ones remain in this country, I'm sure Chavez, Putin or Castro would welcome them with open arms.
    Disgusting F-cking Swine.

:bricks:

19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

It sure seems that way.

20. mtbykr

mtbykr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

Which is it, he lied and fabricated OR he may have lied and fabricated? The last time i checked it wasn't your or i who were sending the military. It's simply a difference of opinion; i know many who are serving in theater right now who think it's the right thing to do (actually i personally don't know any who don't)