Welcome to PatsFans.com

Iranian Diplomat: "CIA Tortured Me in Iraq"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Apr 7, 2007.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

(AP) -- An Iranian diplomat, freed this week after being abducted in Iraq, accused the CIA of torturing him during his two-month detention, Iranian state television reported Saturday.

The United States immediately denied any involvement in the Iranian's disappearance or release.

Jalal Sharafi, who was freed on Tuesday, said the CIA questioned him about Iran's relations with Iraq and assistance to various Iraqi groups, according to state television.

"Once they heard my response that Iran merely has official relations with the Iraqi government and officials, they intensified tortures and tortured me through different methods days and nights," state TV quoted him as saying.

Sharafi's comments came a day after 15 British sailors released by Iran said they had been subject to psychological pressure and coercion in captivity. The sailors, captured in the Persian Gulf on March 23 for allegedly entering Iranian waters, were freed Wednesday. (Full story)

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/07/iranian.diplomat.ap/index.html
    ------

propaganda is in full swing on all sides now (britain, usa, iran)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Re: Iranian diplomat: CIA tortured me in Iraq

Guess which stories the MSM will feature?

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

Guess which stories Maverick will believe.

4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I don't believe any story's side completely, like you sheep do. Examine all of the information, read between the lines, and try to think about what is actually happening. Both sides are drumming up as much propaganda as possible (Iran is trying to look good, UK/USA is trying to make Iran look savage) while the 3rd aircraft carrier slowly makes its way to The Gulf.

Besides, it's not crazy to think we use torture. We've been caught doing it in recent times.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

A Fact finding commision made up of some top "Torture Investigators" including,
    John Murtha
    Auntie Pelosi
    Uncle Teddy
    Jimmy Sissy Carter
    Sean Penn
    Looney Clooney
    Bill Maher
    and Whoopi Goldberg should be put together to look into this on behalf of all Americans.
    :bricks:

6. PF1996

PF1996 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Such rationality is foreign to the right wing nuts. Their "thinking" is limited to perusing the media for anything supporting their biases and accepting it as "true" because it fits their viewpoints. Their inability to critically examine information, to consider the source and purpose of information is astonishing. Worse yet, is the infallability they attach to "official sources" of information even though history has proven the inherent deceptiveness of governments. The political successes of Bush and the Republican party is understandable once you're exposed to the gullibility of people like the right wing nuts populating this board. It's scary to consider just how many of them are out there.

7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

There are pro-American and anti-American sheeple. Which group always find the stories that portray the US in a negative light? How many posts have their group put up about our heads being sliced off, or foiled terror plots? How many heroic accounts of bravery of the armed forces do they post? Yeah Iran is trying to make the UK/USA bad. So are those sheeple and so are you. Oh, and us using torture? Maybe by some definitons, but we don't come close to what terroists have done to us. They don't have secret photo's not meant for the public taken like the criminals did at Abu Garaib. Nope, they proudly shot the beheadings for all to see and then bragged about them. Kinda similar to all the puffy chests over at the NY Times did when they published the Abu garaib pictures and stories, non-stop. All kinds of sheeple folks.

8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey Maverick, why are you ignoring me in the other threads...? Aren't you man enough to admit you were wrong about something...?

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, let's check the record and see where you stood the first few days after the Iranian min-crisis began....

"I wouldn't be surprised if the British intentionally went into Iranian waters to provoke them"

"It sounds almost exactly like Gulf of Tonkin - deliberately provoking a hostile response, and then using it to take a reluctant American public into war."

"The US got the British to send sailors into Iranian territory, provoking them"

"Quigon, you're either extremely naive"

"Use your brains, people. WHY would Iran purposely escalate the situation and capture 15 British sailors?"

"Do you honestly believe Iran went into Iraqi waters to capture 15 British sailors to provoke war? If you answer yes, you are probably part of the idiot 30% who STILL APPROVES of Bush."

"I do have common sense and can see when it's absolutely ridiculous for Iran to do something so irrationally."

"Quigon, are you stupid enough to think that Iran wants to start a war with the UK and the US?"

"Why won't the British just release evidence of their GPS location about being in Iraqi waters?

And, of course, my personal favorite: "This is the last time I will address you." (about 25 posts ago).

Well, that's an interesting way to demonstrate a "wait and see" attitude... :rolleyes:

10. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Change that to left wing nuts and you can say the same thing no?

Politics these days has morphed into "my side may be bad but its not as bad as YOUR side"

11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:rofl:

So true. Why can't we all just get along??

Rodney King was right.

//

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

This is why it's hard for me to take his calling me a "sheeple" personally. I just figure he's using his "common sense" when doing so. :D

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

Bingo Turd. It's Coke & Pepsi. The sad part is, most people on both sides feel compelled to defend a view, or incident, by simply determining which position is left or right, and replying accordingly. Those people can't look at something an answer objectively because they are afraid to loose an inch. It's funny to me.