Welcome to PatsFans.com

Iranian Boat

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

2. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

From everything that I have read on this incident, and that includes papers from Turkey, England and Jordan, the Iranians were way out of line.
    I guess they were trying in their "special" way, to prove (to each other) that they were not afraid of the big, bad Americans.

Our Navy should be congratulated for the restraint they have displayed here.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

No way! You must have missed this weeks' edition of the Tinfoil Times. (I'm kidding Turk so bear with me here) Maybe you didn't get the memo that this was the Gulf of Tonkin Redux. I bet the US Government paid England, Turkey, and Jordan to play along. That video doesn't look like a sea, it looks like GW's swimming pool down in Crawford. :D

i'm teasing people. :p

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

Oh Sigh... how about if it is not real, that it was just some big ruse to push us closer to an Iran Conflict, so George could go the Mideast this week and continue to talk about how dangerous Iran is.. oh, I forgot he is. I personally do not read the tinfoil times, just believe they are all a bunch of self serving liars who do not give a rats ass about us, just their own legacy.

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Tin hat....

how come we can see a video of this 2 days after it happens, yet they can't release a video of the 'plane' that hit the pentagon on 9-11 with a few dozen cameras on that very side of the building?

Nice High DEF video of this incident though...

100% of the people here at work, or that I sent that video to laughed at it, and asked if this was a joke.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  6. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where do you work? moveon.org?

7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

where do you work? lauraingrahm.com?

8. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I work for DontBelieveEverythingYouAreSpoonfed.org

and part time at ThereAreMoreThanTwoWaysToThinkAboutSomething.web

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  9. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Chuck Norris could wipe out the entire country of Iran in 3 1/2 hours.

10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I just hope that a policy is being developed to combat this crap. Now that we know the Iranians are willing to try this, experts on what sort of damage that sort of boat could do and how quickly it could do it need to figure out a safe buffer zone, I dunno maybe 200 yards or something, and issue orders allowing the ship to blast any of those boats that get inside it.

Why not some warning shots? I know the machine gun the Navy has for that costs about $3000/second to shoot; but I think the expense would have been justified. They would have found out just how suicidal those Iranians were anyway.

11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

not blaming the captains of our naval vessels... but...

another prediction of mine thuds a bull's eye... almost a year ago, i lamented the logic of sending a second and third aircraft carrier group into the gulf area there... such an EXECUTIVE order provided precisely the kind of clustered vessel traffic the hawks wanted in and around such a vital and narrow body of water... because of course they know that sooner or later, such a concentration of boats is doomed to bump into eachother, lock horns, and test the others' resolve... and whallah! chances are good the hawks have their specific conflict served up on a platter, requiring an immediate response...

instant justification for conflict with iran... just add water...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Now the Iranians have shown their own video of their boats approaching the US ships. Guess they didn't get the memo that this was staged by the US. The tinfoils are greatly disappointed.

13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

for the record, i never said anything regarding this incident being staged... i'm no "tinfoil", and i'm not disappointed by anything but our hawkish leadership making the gulf busier than it needs to be...

one AC group is plenty, thank you...

14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

anyhow, this story passed rahter quietly...

Navy fighter jets crash in Persian Gulf
    By LOLITA C. BALDOR, Associated Press Writer
    Mon Jan 7, 3:05 PM ET

WASHINGTON - Two U.S. Navy fighter jets plunged into the Persian Gulf Monday after a mid-air collision, but all three pilots were rescued safely, a top Navy commander said Monday.

Navy Vice Adm. Kevin J. Cosgriff told reporters that the three pilots have been brought back to the USS Harry Truman, the aircraft carrier they were operating from, and are in good condition. Cosgriff, who is commander of the Navy's 5th Fleet, which is based in Bahrain, said the pilots were undergoing medical checks.

According to the Navy, teams from the Truman rescued the three aviators who ejected after their F/A-18 Super Hornets crashed during operations in the northern Gulf. The aircraft are from Carrier Air Wing Three, which is deployed to the Persian Gulf with the Truman Carrier Strike Group.

Cosgriff said it was a mid-air collision and that both aircraft were destroyed. Information released by the 5th Fleet said the two aircraft were providing "close air support from Iraq when they crashed."

15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +176 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

The Iranian's like to pull this crap every couple of years, their good at kidnaping people,and lightly armed sailors in small rubber "Zodiac" boats for political purposes. To sort of "Poke the sleeping dog" if you will, its all part of their standard modus operandi. So I have no doubt that they would pull a stunt like this, I don't see it as a war provoking jesture, its just Iran being Iran

16. mtbykr

mtbykr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

Ya because 9/11 and this incident are the same

17. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

BBC just came up with the iranian video version .

Most likely edited ?

Iranian video (bbc):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/ne.../7180695.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&asb=1&news=1&bbcws=1

18. mtbykr

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

We have come a long way in just a few short days, now we have the Iranian video showing the event took place...oops:

Ok, I'm ready now for the new theory's on how it's Bush's fault!

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

Bush will be gone next year, those Iranian scummy bastards better not push his button to hard before he leaves, Bush is no Ted kennedy or Goofy Gore, Bush will blow those bastards right up into their f-cking paradise to join their donkeys and their 72 virgin whores.

:bricks:

20. mtbykr

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

so now you have gone from ' Bush orchestrated it all to go to war' to ' Bush is overplaying it with a stern look' :rofl:

How soon you forget the USS Cole, unreal. These boats can cover 200 yards in 7 seconds...so when they got 200 yards away (in international water) anything can happen. How did our guys know what they were or were not armed with?

Irony = This from the guy who copy and pasts most of your material from the democratic underground.