PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IR Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALP

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
is Brady on IR? if not, i have this question...

if someone is placed on IR, can they get to the sidelines on game days? just not suit up and not play?

if the answer to the second question is no...would u think BB may keep brady on the active roster for every game, so that he has him on the sidelines?

sure brady wont be playing, but his play is not everything that he represents to this team...

i fixed it in the original post..sorry 'bout that..

They can be on the sidelines but they can't practice. If he wants to be on the field instead of relaxing in CA, I'd hook him up to the helmet along with McDaniels; I wouldn't be surprised if they would want him inside, though, when it gets really cold outside.

I wouldn't be surprised if they would want him inside, though, when it gets really cold outside.

If only they made garments that you could put on that would insulate you from extremely cold weather. Man, they first person to come up with something like that would be a millionaire overnight!

They can be on the sidelines but they can't practice. If he wants to be on the field instead of relaxing in CA, I'd hook him up to the helmet along with McDaniels; I wouldn't be surprised if they would want him inside, though, when it gets really cold outside.

ohh, so he can be ont he sidelines at the games when on IR?

after the surgery, would it be his best interest to stay home and rest so that he can recover quickly instead of moving around?

Whatever he does, just don't take Shawn Merriman's advice.

after the surgery, would it be his best interest to stay home and rest so that he can recover quickly instead of moving around?

Unless I am mistaken, 2 weeks post surgery is when his rehab will start because they can now replace the ACL via arthroscopic surgery, where as 10 years ago, they couldn't. Within a month, he'll be walking without crutches... Unless the Patriots have a reason otherwise, I would expect Brady to be, at the very least, up in the Coach's Box.

I would also expect Brady to be helping Cassel with Film Study and breakdowns of opposing teams and such.

Unless I am mistaken, 2 weeks post surgery is when his rehab will start because they can now replace the ACL via arthroscopic surgery, where as 10 years ago, they couldn't. Within a month, he'll be walking without crutches... Unless the Patriots have a reason otherwise, I would expect Brady to be, at the very least, up in the Coach's Box.

I would also expect Brady to be helping Cassel with Film Study and breakdowns of opposing teams and such.

why im asking is because I think Brady on the sidelines, talking to the team IN game can be a very big positive for this team...

also, during halftime and such, he can talk to the team, and i think it can prove fruitful...

i would be disaponted if Brady is not seen all season w/ the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes