Welcome to PatsFans.com

Investigation Uncovers ‘Extensive Destruction’ Of RNC Emails, Violations

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jun 18, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Investigation Uncovers ‘Extensive Destruction’ Of RNC Emails, Violations Of Records Act

House investigators have learned that the Bush administration’s use of Republican National Committee email accounts is far greater than previously disclosed — 140,216 emails sent or received by Karl Rove alone — and that the RNC has overseen “extensive destruction” of many of the emails, including all email records for 51 White House officials.

[​IMG]

For the last several months, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has been “investigating whether White House officials violated the Presidential Records Act” by using email accounts maintained by the RNC and the Bush-Cheney ‘04 campaign for official White House communications. Today’s findings confirm that the accounts were used “for official purposes, such as communicating with federal agencies about federal appointments and policies.” The report adds:

Given the heavy reliance by White House officials on RNC e-mail accounts, the high rank of the White House officials involved, and the large quantity of missing e-mails, the potential violation of the Presidential Records Act may be extensive.​

Some other key findings:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

So do Republicans have to search out every little piece of anti-Democrat news to match you ? Jeez, get a life.

3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

wow... you used to be fairly respectful in your debate style.... but are you yet another right winger who posts here and starts sh!t on a personal level, yet never gets dealt with by the mods?

this is a "little piece" of anti-Republican news to you? get a clue....

4. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Actually, its an illegal act. If the White House chooses to cover it up, then I'd say this will be the next crisis in this administration, and this will not go away.

5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Well I don't think this is a big deal - nor do I think the lawyer firing "scandal" is a big deal - and it gets tiresome reading every little thing being a big deal.

6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it's a violation of the Presidential Records Act... against the law... and who knows what kinds of justice it's obstructing... here's my question to you then: Just what are they hiding? what's the problem with our "leaders" using the domain granted to them, and keeping them on file?

as to your earlier assertion, be my guest; play "na-na" and post all the anti-democrat stuff you like... here's the rub: i'm not a democrat! don't shive a git about them!!.... what i care about is the criminal cabal in office right now, and the unprecedented and profound lengths they are going to destabilize the planet for corporate and privatized profiteering...

7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

So is speeding but it doesn't worry me a whole lot - and neither does this.

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

that's brilliant... let's equate a traffic violation to white house corruption that is blocking oversight into possible stolen elections, fraudulent cases for war and politicizing of the justice department in the middle of investigations... bravo...

did you get that from Glenn Beck last week?... anyhow, i'll chalk your badly lacking retort as a full and complete capitulation...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Great ! My job here is done :)

10. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Keep getting the truth out PC.