PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interview With Sean Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsChamp88

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
HM: Where does your passion for football come from?
SS: It’s just my competitive nature. I wasn’t looked at by the bigger schools. Going into the game with a chip on your shoulder, knowing that people have doubts about you. It’s no secret that I love playing in front of the fans and the media so I think that drives me as well.

NFP: Interview With Sean Smith

It's still very early in the pre-draft evaluation process, but I have great hopes for Sean Smith.

HM: I’m assuming you’re planning on running the 40 to showcase your speed?

SS: Most definitely. That is something, like I said, that I’m definitely worried about. I’m going to go out there and run as fast as I can.
Uh-huh

I assume that everyone has seen this already, but if you haven't...

YouTube - Sean Smith - LEGENDary interception

It's a sweet play but it's just one play. Hard to imagine a guy doing that without a lot of athleticism. I wish there was more game film of Smith available to look at.

Throughout this years draft i have to honestly say that sean smith status right now reminds me of DRC last year. Which makes me really want to take a chance on him at #23

I love this kid, but I'm waiting to see whether I project him at FS or CB.

Tomorrow will be a huge day, because on game film this kid was insane.

He most certainly does not lack confidence in himself.

These interviews with Safety prospects and this comment by Bill makes me think this is some elaborate smoke screen or a laying your the Patriots hand on the table.

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, explaining how evaluating the safety position has changed in the NFL in recent years, as quoted on bengals.com: "I think the safety position is becoming more and more of a corner position in the National Football League. There were times when some of the safeties, particularly the strong safeties, fit more like linebackers than they did as defensive backs. I think that's changed gradually but … your defensive backs either have to cover wide receivers or they have to cover tight ends that are very good in the passing game. I think the demands of that position have changed. I think that's changed the evaluation a little bit. I think some of those hybrid guys have played corner and safety, like (Ohio State's Malcolm) Jenkins for example, is a guy that's played both. What his best fit is for a team, where he's most valuable, is certainly an interesting discussion for all teams."

Features - NFL pro football articles and coverage from Pro Football Weekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye