Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interview With John Dean

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, May 22, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

2. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Are you joking or do you really beleive that a guy who went to prison for obstruction of justice would make a great AG?
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Slinky little "stool pigeon", when he was told he might go to jail "he cried" he was afraid of being Raped. His wife Maureen called him a "whimp".

In the "real world" stoolies are frowned upon, they are very untrustworthy for important jobs, you never know when they will turn on you.

Please don't get angry, that's my opinion.
    Last edited: May 22, 2006
  4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Couldn't be any worse than a guy who condones the use of torture in routine interrogation.
  5. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Was just wondering what your opinion of having a convicted felon serving in a cabinet level position was. I do not beleive it would be a very plausible step. BTW, I do not look at Dean as being a total fraud, there are a handful of points he makes in his interveiw that I do agree with.
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Like what? Have you read Worse Than Watergate? If not, you should...it would open your eyes to the criminal elements of your beloved Bush presidency. I don't have a prob with someone who served his time, and is now a avid defender of liberty and an independant. Just an opinion.

He was among the first to jump on the Plame outing BTW, and detail its breach of national security in very clear type. He also was among the first to clearly document the lies and deceptions of the 2003 SOTU (from the butchered NIE)- the so-called BIG LIE.
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

What if Dean was just in a White House advisory position?
  8. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I assume everyone saying negative things about John Dean would agree that Nixon's acts were far worse...?
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Oh, great.
    Bringing up Clinton's admin for comparisons wasn't bad enough...:rolleyes:
  10. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm just trying to keep it in perspective for myself here and assuming that any of our esteemed Republican-leaning friends on this forum would agree that if Dean was a criminal, surely Nixon carries even more of the responsibility. I believe that to be a non-contentious assumption since I've never seen anyone defend Nixon here before.
  11. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Whats more interesting is the holier than thou attitude by PFinME ... presumably representing the "moral majority". I suppose since Dean isn't in line with Bush's league of corruption, he's fair game.

Maybe he'll tell us how saintly John Negroponte is... or how Abramoff had nothing to do with the Bush WH. :rofl: Or how Rummy and Cheney are angels. Oh...wait, then there's still Dubai Bush's buddy Chalabi. What ever happened to that sleazeball convict that helped get us into this war? Maybe he's hanging with the Saudis along with Baker and Big Daddy Bush and the other Carlisle groupies??

But speaking of convicts, hows James Tobin doing? I'll bet his rectum's tired.
  12. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I was just referring to some points in Dean’s interview. His characterizing of Bush knowing how to run a Presidential campaign. The fact that Cheney hates to campaign. That Cheney has had very strong issues that he has had for a very long time. IMO those are not exactly disparaging characteristics.
    Also agree with him when he says Cheney was confident that they would win at the Supreme Court. I assume he is referring to the 2000 election. IMO Anyone who looks at the case from a strict legal standpoint would have that same opinion. The majority of justices on the Supreme Court didn’t let their personal opinions interfere with their judgment and came to the same conclusion that I felt they would.
  13. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yes. Cheney is the policy wonk running the show and Bush is the local yokel type meant to garner the hayseed vote. Don't have to be a political insider to see that. I mean, you think Cheney could get elected to anything on his own?
  14. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yes. Cheney was elected to office several times in Wyoming.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Yes, but after he set himself up un the party with these interesting maneuvers:

This from the Wickapedia entry for Dick Cheney:
    "...Under President Gerald Ford, Cheney became Assistant to the President and then the youngest White House Chief of Staff in history. Many have pointed to this time as the point where both he and Donald Rumsfeld began consolidating political power. An article in Rolling Stone said, "Having turned Ford into their instrument, Rumsfeld and Cheney staged a palace coup. They pushed Ford to fire Defense Secretary James Schlesinger, tell Vice President Nelson Rockefeller to look for another job and remove Henry Kissinger from his post as national security adviser. Rumsfeld was named secretary of defense, and Cheney became chief of staff to the president.

He was campaign manager for Ford's 1976 presidential campaign, while James Baker served as campaign chairman..."

History truly does repeat itself.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Nixon's presidency spanned the spectrum from "good" to "evil", that's for sure. His presidency saw the formation of the EPA and the beginnings of the government involvement in the environmental movement. He also broke the ice in relations with China and ended the Viet Nam debacle. I don't know what his motivations were in these areas, but the were good on the surface. His evil deeds are also well documented, among the worst being the carpet bombing of Hanoi, lying to the People repeatedly, and giving Agnew the VP job. Dean's acts are minor by comparison.