Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike the Brit

Minuteman Target
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
By Reiss

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Very appealing interview. Has nothing but good things to say about all of the different experiences he's had in the game. My favourite bit is the end:

Summing up his football journey: "The love of the game. No matter what, whether I was on a successful franchise like the New England Patriots, or just learning the game back in the seventh grade, it's the love of the game. No matter where it takes me, I feel blessed to be in the game. I'd like to continue playing it forever, until a team says, 'You didn't make the cut.' I'm one of those guys that's not ever going to retire."

Just like Alge! Another great piece of recruiting.

''Awesone. A dream come true''; this is the part i loved

i was and i'm happy about his sign : he is doing surely his part in this awesome start of the season

good job Gerard !

This is the part of it that stuck with me:

After playing as a defensive tackle for nine seasons, changing his style in New England's 3-4 alignment: "It's totally different. If your style is not making you better and bringing you to a higher level of what you're trying to obtain from this game, maybe you need to change. I was willing to do that. "

That is a guy who is buying into what BB is selling.

Excellent! I love these insights and I love how this year is highlighting the opportunity for veteran players if they are only willing to change a little of what they do to fit what New England is - winners. Gerard has impressed me on all fronts, I hope it works out to bring him back.

I was pretty disappointed when the news came out that we signed him during the draft. But he's been a solid contributor and a great under-the-radar acquisition. He's lined up all over the DL as well.

There's a man who understands both the game and the business and his place in all of it, That was a VERY NICE interview, and thanks to Mike the Brit for posting it. :rocker:

I was pretty disappointed when the news came out that we signed him during the draft. But he's been a solid contributor and a great under-the-radar acquisition. He's lined up all over the DL as well.

I wouldn't say quite that but I certainly made some assumptions.

Number 3 in the draft overall, but hasn't become a dominant player, has bounced around from team to team -- probably someone like Johnathan Sullivan with a lot of physical gifts but not the commitment to work and the game that's necessary to succeed. Or maybe he was someone who allowed himself to become disaffected in the locker-rooms of bad teams. Seems like neither of those things is true.

So who knows why he didn't have success? Perhaps he just isn't as talented as his draft position suggests. But he's clearly got a great attitude to the game and is just the kind of older teammate you'd want on a defense full of young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back