Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interview with Cheney by Tony Snow, Confusing???..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Apr 1, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

Came across this interview with Tony Snow who interviewed Cheney and found some stuff I find confusing if not disturbing...the interview is short so will take a long time to read...looks like now they are trying to link Iraq to Al Qaeda

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/03/20060329-2.html

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I don't think there's any question about that if you were to withdraw from Iraq. The al Qaeda presence there is significant. Mr. Zarqawi, the top terrorist in Iraq, is the head of al Qaeda in Iraq. He's pledged loyalty to Osama bin Laden; that if we were to withdraw from Iraq, I think the danger would be, obviously, that you'd turn the country over to the worst possible elements, and it would become a safe haven for terrorists. It makes no sense at all, and it's totally unnecessary......

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Yes, we don't know the full scale of it there yet, and I don't want to make a hard and fast prediction here. But there is reporting, obviously, that we've seen over the years that there was some kind of a relationship there between the Iraqis and Osama bin Laden.

Q I want to be clear because I've heard you say this, and I've heard the President say it, but I want you to say it for my listeners, which is that the White House has never argued that Saddam was directly involved in September 11th, correct?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: That's correct. We had one report early on from another intelligence service that suggested that the lead hijacker, Mohamed Atta, had met with Iraqi intelligence officials in Prague, Czechoslovakia. And that reporting waxed and waned where the degree of confidence in it, and so forth, has been pretty well knocked down now at this stage, that that meeting ever took place. So we've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden [sic] was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming. But there -- that's a separate proposition from the question of whether or not there was some kind of a relationship between the Iraqi government, Iraqi intelligence services and the al Qaeda organization.
  2. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,318 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Old news. It's been known for years that Saddam supported and actively financed terrorists. The Czech intel report is also old news.

Despited repeated attempts to spin the White House comments to say (incorrectly, by any known evidence) that Saddam had something to do with 911, the admin has not said such.
  3. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

If Saddam supported and financed Al Queda, why is he not on trial in US soil as an accomplice for the murder of 3,000 Americans on 9/11?

4. Zuma

Zuma Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Stop making sense!
  5. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What is wrong with you?
    It is not your job to think and/or to question!
    Just follow!
    You will be so much happier and things will make so much more sense:)
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  6. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,318 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

You fanatic libs are sad products of an NEA diluted public school education.
    Neither I nor the administration said that Saddam financed Al Quaeda and their 9/11 attack on the US. Please read what was said rather than injecting your moonbat theories into the citation.

Saddam financed and harbored terrorists. There are European intel reports that he was having a dialog with AlQ reps.