PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interview with Brady on FSN....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
He talked about contracts.. and he said basicallyge;d think about the coach, the players, the fans, the stadium and if he wished to be playing there. That was important but then he said he thought about how much money he would need, NOT want (And he emphasised that.) saying of course all players WANT more money... I think a reasonable approach to things.

The question is now that the season is approaching does he start exerting alittle more pressure on Branch? Something as simple as" C'mon Deion, we win another title then you either make top 5 money or get a good deal in FA." Then again maybe there is a line they don't cross between professional and personal relationships when it regrds contracts and $.

Pats726 said:
He talked about contracts.. and he said basicallyge;d think about the coach, the players, the fans, the stadium and if he wished to be playing there. That was important but then he said he thought about how much money he would need, NOT want (And he emphasised that.) saying of course all players WANT more money... I think a reasonable approach to things.

You wouldn't know if there were a transcript to the interview, of maybe a video?

Couldn't find on but I did find this bit of distressing news:

Boston Herald football writer and ESPN Radio Boston host Michael Felger is in the locker room every day and this season he will expand his role on FSN with his very own 4 Downs with Felger 30-minute show every Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Ever the contrarian, Felger's opinions will be regularly challenged by the equally opinionated Boston Globe football writer Ron Borges, three-time NFL Pro-Bowler and former New England Patriot Russ Francis, and Sports Illustrated's football writer Don Banks.
----
I guess FSN figured they had to balance Smerlas waving his Pom Poms with Felger and Borges on the same show.

Last edited:
PatsRI said:
Couldn't find on but I did find this bit of distressing news:

Boston Herald football writer and ESPN Radio Boston host Michael Felger is in the locker room every day and this season he will expand his role on FSN with his very own 4 Downs with Felger 30-minute show every Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Ever the contrarian, Felger's opinions will be regularly challenged by the equally opinionated Boston Globe football writer Ron Borges, three-time NFL Pro-Bowler and former New England Patriot Russ Francis, and Sports Illustrated's football writer Don Banks.
----
I guess FSN figured they had to balance Smerlas waving his Pom Poms with Felger and Borges on the same show.

Unbelievable.

They picket the two crappiest Pats beat writers alive.

Why not just let Al Davis and Bill Pollian handle it!

I believe that the Brady interview will be played in its entirety on next Thursdays program at 7:30PM

NavinR.Johnson said:
I believe that the Brady interview will be played in its entirety on next Thursdays program at 7:30PM
Yes..it was a clip from teh show...I agree Felger Borges..YUK!!!!!!!

----
I guess FSN figured they had to balance Smerlas waving his Pom Poms with Felger and Borges on the same show.[/QUOTE]

What, was Gresh unavailable?

sarge said:
You wouldn't know if there were a transcript to the interview, of maybe a video?

Well, I'll transcribe the snippet (in regards to Branch):

I think there's a lot of guys who deserve it in our locker room, not only Deion but, you know, there's a lot of guys, um. It's, it's, also I think, from the player responsibility, I know one way that I looked at it was, where do I want to be? You know? And, and, is this the coach I want to play for? Is this the owner I want to play for? Is this the city I want to live in? Are these the buddies I want to be around? Is this the stadium I want to play in? And the fans... and then, it all says yes.

And then you go, alright well how much do I need, not how much do I want, cause everybody wants more. I mean everybody who does everything wants more, but the fact is, how much do you need?

PatsRI said:
The question is now that the season is approaching does he start exerting alittle more pressure on Branch?
How bout if Brady just slips his agent's biz card into Branch's pocket?!

sarge said:
Why not just let Al Davis and Bill Pollian handle it!

I thought Polian dove out of his box seat (head first) after the Colts loss to Pittsburgh in the 2005 AFC Divisional Playoffs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back