Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interpol Warrant issued for WikiLeaks Julian Assange

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

ASSANGE, JULIAN PAUL

For "Sex Crimes"

?

anyway, wondering what ya'll thing on this board about the cyber syphoning this guy is doing?

Some say he is placing the world in danger by leaking "secrets".

Others say he is a thief.

Others say he is the only person actually doing real reporting.

If harmed, they claim to have "Poison info" they will dump.
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

It's probably debatable as to how much danger the world is being placed in. It's interesting that it only seems to be the USA whose "secrets" he is leaking. Is it because we're the only ones with faulty security or does he have an agenda that he's not mentioning?

Not a thief, exactly, since he's not the one "stealing" secrets or illegally downloading material. He is, however, the receiver of stolen goods, so I suppose that qualifies as a crime, doesn't it?

Would what he is doing really be considered "reporting?" There's no "story," is there? There's just a bunch of hijacked documents being posted willy-nilly. A reporter finds out the background of a story - he researches it, fact checks it, lays it out in a presentable form, etc..

And that sounds suspiciously like blackmail to me.
  3. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +209 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

I don't it is just us that are being embarassed. I am sure the Gulf states are not pleased about their concerns about Iran getting out. Leaking about the milquetoast U.S. is one thing. Russia and China play for keeps. If I were him I would sleep with one eye open (or both).
  4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Good, I was right with leaking material about Iraq and afghanistan, but now he ok like an attntion whore out to cause mayhem. I dont see any real agenda other than causing trouble
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  5. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +551 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I think the answer there is obvious.

Russia, China, Israel, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and India all have proven history of major security breaches, but they also don't **** around with guys like Assange. As someone else mentioned, they play for keeps. The US is an easy target, that the world will tolerate being mollified a bit, and without much in the way of effective (legal) recourse. It probably doesn't hurt that he very likely has a strong personal dislike of the US.
  6. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

People in power hate it when people expose them for who and what they really stand for. It's hard to convince billion of people to continue to pay taxes when they know the bulk of taxes are simply a way to funnel money into special interests hands.

The work he does is far more important then anything any media outlet has achieved in decades.
  7. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

On another note, His lawyer was interviewed last night on Freedom Watch and said all the security services, interpol and American intelligence agency know exactly where he was, he simply is being hidden from the media.
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +348 / 3 / -13

So, do you believe he's doing a good thing?
  9. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Hell Yeah!

The Constitution wasn't written to only apply to it's citizens and not it's government.

Obvioulsy some things are more sensitive than others, and if this were a legit war, I think he propably wouldn't be doing it. but since this war is not lawful, and manufactured on false pretenses in order to line the pockets of the military industrial barons...

I'm glad he's making them squirm.

If the Media, and Powers that be would simply not care, no one else would either... the General American public could honestly care less, and I have yet to hear one person in my circle even mention what he's doing...
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +578 / 2 / -9

Will he be the means by which another 9/11 will occur, very soon-----:confused:

:bricks:
  11. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Logic Failure: The comment above insinuates that 9/11 was caused by something similar in the past.

No known example exists.

Declared: Invalid

Press any key to continue
  12. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why hasn't this clown exposed Area 51 or Kennedy's assasination?
  13. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Without people like him, we would not have exposed things like Water Gate, Enron, and other major schemes...

The founding fathers knew how important people looking for answeres would be in the way of keeping the goverment honest in the way it governs.

This war is a sham, has been since it started, Im glad someoen is opening it up and asking people to account for their decisions.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +578 / 2 / -9

Nope, has he let any cats out of the bag that the Savages can use to make the next hit sooner than already planned, we all know there was nothing similar in the past connected to 9/11.

9/11 was caused by political correctness, stupidity, lack of proper security measures and the patience and determination of a Tribe Of F-cking Animals that want us all dead, those animals took advantage of our slobbering politically correct weakness and slaughtered 3000 innocent human beings.

:bricks:
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +578 / 2 / -9

I agree about the wars, this Jerk Clown we now have for a President could have put a stop to them the day after he was coronated, remember all the whailing and hair pulling over Gitmo lol, Gitmo lives on the hair pullers all vanished.

Get Bush thats all those phony bastards wanted.
  16. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Anyone with a high school diploma and the will could crush this country...

Want to Kill Chistmas, attack the Walmarts, who would want to shop if 14 random walmarts went up in smoke around the country... It would devestate this country more than probably anything else I can think of.

You don't need to be masterminds to inflict fear n the populace. 9/11 has shown that most people are completely clueless and scared out of their minds, at the slightest amount of uncertainty.

There are so many opportunities on a daily basis, that aren't secured, that aren't being watched by TSA, or FBI, etc... where you could cause a nationwide panic.

Hell you can even walk into a walmart, with nothing, and construct a bomb in your shoppping cart, by shopping for items...

So the question remains, knowing that, should we all get pat downs before going into walmarts? That's a known hole in security, are we prepared to do that?

There is also a few hundred thousand bridges in this country, take down many and you could lock up the economy of most major cities for weeks.

There are so so so many ways, so we can either live in a completely secure, and freedomless country... Or you take a freaking chance, enjoy life, and if it's your time it's your time.

Some guy releasing documents about the realities of war, ( Newsflash the bad guys know what's really going on over there too, they don't need released document from the pentagon to know that hundred of thousands of civilians have been killed by drone attacks ) will not expose some security threat that we haven't yet thought of.

Most importantly... if any document gets released which exposes a security flaw, the documetn better read "We found X, and were working with Y to resolve it"

Anything he releases, we know about... we wrote em!
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +578 / 2 / -9

I have mixed feelings about this guy, some of me says he's nothing but a hate america publicity hound stool pigeon and then I say good lets hear what this corrupt government and all of these filthy politicians are really doing, our countrys lawmakers, leaders and politicians are the Scum and Slime of the lowest form, when I was a young man I always thought our leaders in Washington rode around on white horses and that lightning bolts shot out of their a$ses then I came to realize that our Prisons are full of people far better than they.
  18. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +937 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

I'm hoping he releases all the BP Oil stuff.
  19. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +214 / 3 / -4

Unlike the pubbies who blindly followed his predecessor, plenty of Obama supporters have criticized his shortcomings. You just don't know about it because you only hear what you want.

Harry feels betrayed by the Hollywood wifeswappers he used to agree with. :(
  20. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah... we never criticize Bush for expansion of government... riiiight.