PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

International Series Announcement Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be great to see them again!

Especially now my girlfriend is into the sport and loved this year's game :D

But if it is the Jets, need to make sure I am close to the field ;)

nod and wink suggestion on SKy news there.

Teams are known. Announcer suggester British fans will be very happy.

I presume the pats are bigger than the jets in England.

nod and wink suggestion on SKy news there.

Teams are known. Announcer suggester British fans will be very happy.

Was this just now?

curiosity grows...

Unless the announcer knows zero about the popularity of teams over here, I'd say that's an ominous sign.

Please don't judge me because I was watching sky sports news.

:D

I know of only 2 Jets fans...and they kept quiet about it until Rex got the job.

But Sky say that UK fans will be excited every year, last year they were trying to plug Bears/Bucs as the best game yet :eek:

I would be happy if the Pats didn't have to go to London for a game. HOWEVER if they do have to go, I'd be OK with it, as long as the OTHER team was the "home" team. I want those 8 REAL home games in Gillette. Losing the real home game is more of a factor than the disrupted week. It would also be good if the the 2 teams that go, get the their bye week right after the London game.

I would be happy if the Pats didn't have to go to London for a game. HOWEVER if they do have to go, I'd be OK with it, as long as the OTHER team was the "home" team. I want those 8 REAL home games in Gillette. Losing the real home game is more of a factor than the disrupted week. It would also be good if the the 2 teams that go, get the their bye week right after the London game.

(A) I highly doubt the Pats will lose a home game; it'd be robbing Peter to pay Paul.
(B) The rule has been, IIRC, that teams playing in London always get a bye thereafter.
(C) The Pats who went on the trip apparently loved it, and are OK with doing it again.

Yeah there is no way that the Pats would be the "home team". Kraft is not giving up a home game, just not going to happen. Teams that don't sell out have historically benn the home team in London (bucs twice, Denver, Chargers, Phins). I would guess that either the Jags or the Rams would be the home team next year. I would think that teams would be reluctant to give up home games against either the Jets or Pats, because they travel so well.

Kraft ha already said he would never give up a home game....the lost revenue would be unbelievable!

As for updates, I have it from a good source that he has nothing definitive, but would be 'shocked' if the patriots aren't announced tomorrow.

It makes sense for teams like Tampa Bay and Jacksonville to play a home game in the UK. I don't know if there is a different revenue split due to a third party (Wembley Stadium) also being involved, but considering the attendance figures and the relatively high price of tickets, that's surely a much more profitable day for them, even after deducting the additional travel expenses.

Since the visiting team gets 40% of the gate, it would likely be much more profitable for them as well than playing in one of those cities that doesn't sell out.

Finally, for the home team that has trouble selling out, those that do buy single game tickets are now going to help sell out, or at least fill up other home games.

Hopefully the Pats are picked. Getting more fans internationally is definitely a good thing, and hopefully some of them will find their way here!

All the foreign ladies will gush over Tom Brady....I'd just like to hang out with him on this trip if it happens. :D

St. Louis Post Dispatch reporting Pats @ Rams per a league source.

"League sources told the Post-Dispatch on Thursday night that the team will play an AFC foe — believed to be the New England Patriots — during the 2012 regular season in London."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...#ixzz1jzpnFmOh

St. Louis Post Dispatch reporting Pats @ Rams per a league source.

"League sources told the Post-Dispatch on Thursday night that the team will play an AFC foe — believed to be the New England Patriots — during the 2012 regular season in London."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...#ixzz1jzpnFmOh

Only other option is Jets as they are the only other AFC team the Rams play at home. Hopefully its us though.

Only other option is Jets as they are the only other AFC team the Rams play at home. Hopefully its us though.

I'm heavily leaning towards the possibility they announce two games this season...we will soon find out.

I'm heavily leaning towards the possibility they announce two games this season...we will soon find out.

Rumours doing the rounds are Pats-Rams and a second being Bills-Jags!

Also, the announcement was supposed to be 13:30 GMT but seems to have been pushed back to 16:30GMT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back