PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interior OL - aka road graders

Status
Not open for further replies.
moffett I also think could come in and replace mankins day 1. No more of this 10M for a guard nonsense. He's a milk drinker, I'm pretty sure, but don't hold that against him. Experience at center also.

18 posts in and nobody's mentioned Danny Watkins? He may be the most talked-about Pats OG prospect.

Watkins and Boling are my two plug 'em in guard prospects. Ijalana is an intriguing project a little later in the draft, and Moffitt seems like a strong utility guy.

Center is tough this year. Mike Pouncey looks like a guard, not a center. Stefen Wisniewski is a good prospect, but I think he's going to be drafted like a Nick Mangold and he's just not that (especially given his shotgun troubles). I think Rodney Hudson has the makings of a good NFL center, but if I take an interior lineman in round 2 I want him to be ready to start.

I also like Watkins and Wisniewski. They were in my draft prediction and I see them fitting the mold of a Dante OL.

I hope we stay away from Pouncey. A lot of teams will overvalue him based on the name.

I'm sure there is a John Hannah clone available. While we are at it hopefully we can add an Anthony Munoz clone at T, a Jerry Rice clone at WR, a Jim Brown clone at RB, and a Lawrence Taylor clone at OLB.

Along these lines, the next person who says "we need a Corey Dillon clone at running back" gets popped. Dillon was one of the best two or three backs in the league and we just forget how good he was because he was in Cincy for seven years.

Sweet. All we need now are 5 picks in the top 17 and some cap room! Super Bowl, here we come!

Are you saying you don't think we can grab a clone of the greatest Guard who ever played the game drafting where we are?

Are you saying you don't think we can grab a clone of the greatest Guard who ever played the game drafting where we are?

It's probably less than 50/50.

It's probably less than 50/50.

So then adding a Munoz, Rice, Brown, and Taylor clone with our 2nd pick in round 1 and our picks in rounds 2 and 3 is probably not a lock either?

So then adding a Munoz, Rice, Brown, and Taylor clone with our 2nd pick in round 1 and our picks in rounds 2 and 3 is probably not a lock either?

Would you mind picking up an Ed Reed while you're at the store?

Take the Lawrence Taylor clone off your 1st round board. He's one-dimensional, can't play the run or in coverage. What on earth would Belichick do with a guy like that?

Take the Lawrence Taylor clone off your 1st round board. He's one-dimensional, can't play the run or in coverage. What on earth would Belichick do with a guy like that?

Good point

I thought Taylor was more than adequate in run support. I thought other teams stopped running at him after year two.

Sarcasm?

No he was playing well in the regular season. I agree that he can be upgraded upon but I don't see a lot of pure center prospects in this year's draft who could step in and do that. Maurkice Pouncey was one guy who could have done it. But I'll gladly pass on him to take a McCourty.

1. Marcus Cannon
2. John Moffitt
3. DeMarcus Love
4. Clint Boling
5. Benjamin Ijalana
6. Jason Pinkston
7. Danny Watkins

1. Marcus Cannon
2. John Moffitt
3. DeMarcus Love
4. Clint Boling
5. Benjamin Ijalana
6. Jason Pinkston
7. Danny Watkins

Yeah, IDK. Six or seven on-site observers at Senior Bowl practices independently agreed that DeMarcus Love pretty much sucked at both OT and OG, whereas Danny Watkins pretty much kicked butt. You sure you still want Love at #3 on your list and Watkins 7th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes