Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which interior lineman would you prefer?

• Brian Bulaga, OT/OG (1st round)

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Mike Iupati, OG (1st/early 2nd round)

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Vlad Ducasse, OT/OG (late 1st/2nd round)

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Gabe Carimi, OT/OG (undeclared) (2nd round)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maurkice Pouncey, OG/C (late 1st/2nd round)

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Mike Johnson, Alabama (late 2nd/3rd round)

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Jon Asamoah, Illinois (3rd round)

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Which of the following options would you prefer to immediately address our interior OL needs, factoring in where in the draft they would be likely to go.

Pouncey.......He can play both center and guard. I'm starting to feel that koppen just isn't up to the task any longer. He's not the biggest and seems to get over powered by some of the bigger D-tackles/nose guards.

Last edited:
I'd personally be happy with any of those guys, and especially the first 5. Iupati, Carimi and Ducasse would all be monster RGs who should be capable of starting day 1 and also potentially playing RT. Bulaga should be a stud RT who could also play RG. Pouncey provides valuable versatility at OC as well as at guard.

Iuapati, Pouncey or Ducasse.

We might be able to grab two if needed.

Would Pouncey x2 be a possibility in this years draft or will they both go about the same time meaning the Patriots couldn't draft both of them?

Would Pouncey x2 be a possibility in this years draft or will they both go about the same time meaning the Patriots couldn't draft both of them?

Maurkice has declared, Mike is staying in school.

iupati is Overrated IMO

What about Adam Ulatoski? Many people thought highly of him here.

I'm not voting since I'm tied on this one. Honestly I'd be happy with Ducasse (probably my preferred since he'll be an ex-tackle, Mankins-style) or Iupati, and content with Johnson. Don't really know the others. Looks like there's actually a decent selection of guards this year, unlike last year's trash.

Bussey.

For me, the guy should be Mike Johnson. I don't want to see our 1st rd pick, or one of the high 2nds used on an interior lineman. I doubt Belichick will either, I'm sure there are a few guys he values more that he can get late in the 2nd, or 3rd.

CP

If we could get Bulaga where we sit right now that I would say him but after watching the playoff game I think we could get Mike Iupati, OG at good value depending on his combine performance. He would bring great size and a mean demeanor to the position but he is a little raw at times when I watched him.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back