PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting video on Tyrone McKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
It's from a local TV station before the draft.

Video on Tyrone McKenzie

Are you impressed? A leader, very mature, intelligent (from the Patriots.com interview), with flashes of athleticism that look very good for a third-rounder.

I really like two things: 1) Wherever he's been he's produced; and, 2) he's a leader in the weight room, which shows he's willing to pay the price.

Looks like Guyton better have his A game.

It's from a local TV station before the draft.

Video on Tyrone McKenzie

Are you impressed? A leader, very mature, intelligent (from the Patriots.com interview), with flashes of athleticism that look very good for a third-rounder.

I really like two things: 1) Wherever he's been he's produced; and, 2) he's a leader in the weight room, which shows he's willing to pay the price.

Looks like Guyton better have his A game.

Personally, I think we'll see that Guyton and McKenzie are going to platoon the SILB position I'd guess. McKenzie looks like a better fit as a run stuffer who will get snaps in the base D, whereas Guyton's absurd speed for an LB is more of a plus in the nickel/dime packages. The two could develop into a pretty nasty two headed monster over time. They'll need a nickname, maybe McGuyton.

I love that he is a leader in the weight room - if he puts on another 10 lbs, then he really will be ideal for the SILB position in the base D.

Personally, I think we'll see that Guyton and McKenzie are going to platoon the SILB position I'd guess. McKenzie looks like a better fit as a run stuffer who will get snaps in the base D, whereas Guyton's absurd speed for an LB is more of a plus in the nickel/dime packages. The two could develop into a pretty nasty two headed monster over time. They'll need a nickname, maybe McGuyton.

I love that he is a leader in the weight room - if he puts on another 10 lbs, then he really will be ideal for the SILB position in the base D.

I wonder if Guyton will be working at one of the OLB positions through camp. He could be a sweet edge rusher if he can get the tech down, imo.

I think they tried it last year, but it was too soon. Either way, I think Guyton is the next guy on the list of long-time NFL-er's coming from UDFA.

I love the pick. As I posted earlier, I heard an interview with him on NFL Radio the week before the draft and he sounded so inteligent, so willing to learn, a kid who has paid his dues and doesn't mind playing special teams, playing behind more experienced players to learn the ropes of the position. I said to my friend after that interview that I thought he'd be a perfect Patriot. I can't wait to see this kid take the field in September.

IMO, it looks like we MIGHT have found our 3 man squad at ILB. I'm not that optimistic as others are, hopefully McKenzie sticks. I like what I read though, I just haven't seen much.

Really like this kid so far, but time will tell, he will really benefit from this program.. hard worker, reportedly intelligent and a good player..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back