Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Deal almost done - The Boston Globe

Greg Bedard said:
The salary cap will be $120 million, with an additional $21 million paid to player benefit programs. The owners agreed to increase the minimum cash payroll of 89 percent of the cap, ESPN.com reported;

Rosters are likely to be expanded for training camp from the current 80-man limit. It is possible the regular-season 53-man rosters will also be expanded.

We'd all heard 90% as the number.. Bedard is now reporting it's 89%. Not a big difference, but still different.

The fact that expanded season rosters is still on the table is interesting.

Deal almost done - The Boston Globe

We'd all heard 90% as the number.. Bedard is now reporting it's 89%. Not a big difference, but still different.

The fact that expanded season rosters is still on the table is interesting.

First I've seen of the 89% figure. Lots of details still in flux. I know the 48% split to players is now either 47-48 or between 46.5 and 48 depending on who knows what... Although the projected 3 stadium building credits may be most of what makes that % float.

Maybe the owners aren't caving to some of these late in the game health and safety and settlement demands so much as shaving the % in exchange for looking like they are...

Last edited:
The expanded rosters for this season have been one of my big hopes - I think it makes for a win win win all around - for the players, the organizations and the fans.

With so little time before the start of the season many teams will have to choose between keeping rookies with no experience but potential or tested veterans who can immediately improve the quality of this season's games.

It's in everyone's best interest not to force that choice.

The salary floor of course is even more important to the evolving game than the cap - and it can be expected to ultimately increase competition for players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots