PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting tidbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I found this posted at Patriots Insiders so take it for what it's worth, but I sure hope that they are right.

Apparently, Matt Light was dealing with an illness last year that caused him to lose a lot of weight. The Pats did think about drafting a replacement for him, but supposedly, Light has regained the weight and is now Completely Healthy. Again, FWIW, I hope that they are right, because I fear for Brady's health behind that line after the assault that I witnessed in that Super Bowl.

Unfortunately, I can't post any links. You all know how PI is about that. I came as close as I could to the article without breaking rules. If this is true, I wonder what was wrong with him. I know the flu was running rampant on the team during the playoffs, but I didn't think that it would cause so much damage that it would render our Left Tackle almost "useless". I wonder if the rest of the OL were sick too because they didn't look that good either.

Last edited:
Re: Interesting Tid Bit

I heard he lost so much weight he almost had to switch from pitchman of Casual Male XL to pitchman for Casual Male M.

But seriously folks, I hope he's okay...

Last edited:

he could have had(if so, still does have) diabetes like jay cutler( broncos QB)--he lost a load of weight etc for a while before he found out he had diabetes.

he could have had(if so, still does have) diabetes like jay cutler( broncos QB)--he lost a load of weight etc for a while before he found out he had diabetes.

True, but (A) it's unlikely, and (B) if it were DM, it's unlikely that Light would be able to regain the weight and keep it on.

True, but (A) it's unlikely, and (B) if it were DM, it's unlikely that Light would be able to regain the weight and keep it on.

It's true you can't eat to your hearts content and you have to count calories. You can't have an out of balance diet.

On the other hand, many people have severe weight drops when the body suddenly starts rejecting itself as with such a case of diabetes. You can't retain any water, for one. You're drinking gallons like a horse.

So, it's natural that you'd come back to a more normal weight AFTER being diagnosed. You just can't pack it on and achieve a weight goal without putting your life at risk.

It's true you can't eat to your hearts content and you have to count calories. You can't have an out of balance diet.

On the other hand, many people have severe weight drops when the body suddenly starts rejecting itself as with such a case of diabetes. You can't retain any water, for one. You're drinking gallons like a horse.

So, it's natural that you'd come back to a more normal weight AFTER being diagnosed. You just can't pack it on and achieve a weight goal without putting your life at risk.

if he would want to put on weight he would have to take greater intakes of insulin(which would lower that persons his sugar level) which would mean that he would have to eat more, and so would gain more weight. he wouldn't be putting his life at any risk at all--except if he didn't eat at all!
complicated stuff

Last edited:
Yeah, there had been talk over the past year or so (ProFW?) that Light had problems keeping on weight.

I found this posted at Patriots Insiders so take it for what it's worth, but I sure hope that they are right.

Apparently, Matt Light was dealing with an illness last year that caused him to lose a lot of weight. The Pats did think about drafting a replacement for him, but supposedly, Light has regained the weight and is now Completely Healthy. Again, FWIW, I hope that they are right, because I fear for Brady's health behind that line after the assault that I witnessed in that Super Bowl.

Unfortunately, I can't post any links. You all know how PI is about that. I came as close as I could to the article without breaking rules. If this is true, I wonder what was wrong with him. I know the flu was running rampant on the team during the playoffs, but I didn't think that it would cause so much damage that it would render our Left Tackle almost "useless". I wonder if the rest of the OL were sick too because they didn't look that good either.

Might explain why a good to great line all year played like dogmeat or it could be that the Giants line played out of their minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes