PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting tidbit about BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilD

On the Roster
Reaction score
Seth Wickersham's blog has an interesting note about Bill Belichick today, courtesy of Jim Brown:

"Let me tell you about someone I do admire. Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots has contributed more to the work I surround myself with than any black athlete in modern times -- financially, intellectually, every way. He's been in the prisons with me. He's met gang members in my home; he's met gang members in Cleveland. He's put up money. He's opened up areas of education for us very quietly and very strongly. Imagine what would happen if Michael Jordan did the same thing."

Who knew Bill had some street cred tucked underneath that hooded sweatshirt?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=wickersham_seth#20060324&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos2

Thanks, good post. Who would know, the heartless bastard does have a soft side afterall.;)

PATSNUTme said:
Thanks, good post. Who would know, the heartless bastard does have a soft side afterall.;)

That is an older quote from Jim Brown, back from BB's Cleveland days!

I think that quote also appeared in Patriots Reign or maybe it was on the NFLNetwork when they interviewed Jim Brown about Belichick....

Anyways, its good to re-hash stuff like that because it makes you realize just how special of a coach BB is.

Great post PhilD. We had some discussions on that a board or 2 ago. I'm proud to have a coach like that and yet angered that the national media would rather run with who was cut this year.

I see it as the media is drumming up sympathy for millionaires who have made more future money in life due to playing here
vs
neglecting what Bill does for humanity because he is WHITE and it could make others look bad.

However, being a Belichick disciple has taught me that the way it is suits him just fine. If nothing else this man does nothing for any personal glory. He strives to contribute the maximum allowable time for the good of others.

Again....nice post...thanks.

No more of this heart warming stuff. The Choir will start to swoon.

yup

The legend continues to grow! :D

PATSNUTme said:
No more of this heart warming stuff. The Choir will start to swoon.

Too late Nut, I am in mid swoon..... :p

I have gotten so sick of hearing all the Bill bashers this week. Especially D&C on WEEI talking about getting him cocoa butter and aloe for his sunburn and how they wondered if he and Tuna would go see the dolphin show at Sea World!

The Prisoners are clamoring to see him because he's the only guy on earth with an effective play scheme to escape from Maximum Security. :D :rocker:

Last edited:
Brick said:
The Prisoners are clamoring to see him because he's the only guy on earth with an effective play scheme to escape from Maximum Security. :D :rocker:

Maybe I'm just a mean spritited SOB. But, I'd rather see him speak to victems groups instead of prisoners.

Prisoners are in prison for a reason. They are law breakers. Some are there because they ruined peoples lives.

Now, I'm going to get blasted.

PATSNUTme said:
Maybe I'm just a mean spritited SOB. But, I'd rather see him speak to victems groups instead of prisoners.

Prisoners are in prison for a reason. They are law breakers. Some are there because they ruined peoples lives.

maybe he has done that too...no article about it yet maybe ;).Plus i think his whole prison visit was something to do with football i think not necessarily to offer support :)

PATSNUTme said:

I think he was looking to see other sides of life, maybe get a different perspective on his own life....and maybe see where some of his players came from. I was a little shocked about the prison thing too and how he only saw the football he was teaching. He needed to be reminded by the gaurds that he was dealing with violent criminals.

No blasting Nut. I do know he does a lot for Big brothers, access sports america, which deals with athletic programs for physically challenged kids and if memory serves has done work with battered women's shelters. He is rather like Ted Williams in that he does his charitable work away from the cameras.

Bill's Girl said:
I think he was looking to see other sides of life, maybe get a different perspective on his own life....and maybe see where some of his players came from. I was a little shocked about the prison thing too and how he only saw the football he was teaching. He needed to be reminded by the gaurds that he was dealing with violent criminals.

No blasting Nut. I do know he does a lot for Big brothers, access sports america, which deals with athletic programs for physically challenged kids and if memory serves has done work with battered women's shelters. He is rather like Ted Williams in that he does his charitable work away from the cameras.

That makes me respect him even more. Anyone who does good works without calling attention to it, is a real real class person in my book.

One public vehicle is not trashed...

SVN said:
here is the original article when the comment was made.. in case you are interested
http://72.14.203.104/u/allthingsbil....htm+prison&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1&ie=UTF-8
\\

The comment about draiving up to a project in some beatup junker is usually true of all public vehicles except one. The welfare ladies drive up in their plain jane, obvious government issue vehicles and they are inviolate,

As one person said " No one F**ks with the welfare lady..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back