PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting thing about the 2006 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

AStack75

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/01/01/week17/5.html

Peter King talking about the Pats and Colts schedules...

Neither team goes to the West Coast ... New England plays only three games outside the Eastern time zone (Tennessee, Minnesota, Green Bay) ... Road games vs. 2005 playoff teams: Pats 2, Colts 4. That's an edge for New England right there ... All told, the Colts have seven games against teams that made the playoffs in 2005, New England five ... Pats play one dome game ... Colts have tougher NFC road, versus strong NFC East. Pats get weaker NFC North.

And of course, for the sixth time in seven seasons, the Colts will journey to Foxboro.

Excellent analysis. And good news all around!

AStack75 said:
Neither team goes to the West Coast...Houston. Anybody been to the Coliseum before?

I'm actually getting people together right now for the trek to Lambeau. I know it will be hard to get tickets for the game. I just hope not impossible.

AStack75 said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/01/01/week17/5.html

Peter King talking about the Pats and Colts schedules...

Neither team goes to the West Coast ... New England plays only three games outside the Eastern time zone (Tennessee, Minnesota, Green Bay) ... Road games vs. 2005 playoff teams: Pats 2, Colts 4. That's an edge for New England right there ... All told, the Colts have seven games against teams that made the playoffs in 2005, New England five ... Pats play one dome game ... Colts have tougher NFC road, versus strong NFC East. Pats get weaker NFC North.

And of course, for the sixth time in seven seasons, the Colts will journey to Foxboro.

Anybody else getting sick of playing the Colts every year? OK in the playoffs, if it comes to that, but it's not as though they're in the AFC East anymore and have to be on the regular season schedule.

We had a tough schedule this year -- not just the teams, but even the home and away situations. In the AFC West, what are the two toughest places to play? Denver and KC. In the NFC South, I would have wanted Carolina and Atlanta at home, but we got them away. The only positive was Indy at home. Playing the AFC West and NFC South, we could have predicted 6 tougher teams and 2 weaker ones.

We have a much better schedule in 2006. We have 5 playoff teams, when any #1 seed with have a minimum of 4. (I believe the theoritical maximum is 10). The difference between us an Indy is that Indy has 2 against a division opponent that made the playoffs. Next year, I'd expect the AFC South and NFC North to have at best 4 tougher games (Indy, Jax, Minn, Chicago).

I am a little annoyed we again have Indy at home -- I'd rather trade that away for a different home game just for the variety.

As long as the Pats and the Colts finish in the same place in their respective divisions, they will continue to play each and every year.I like seeing future HOFers (Manning, Harrison) play.

Hey, you whiners, be happy we play Denver at the Razor. :D

Fanfrom1960 said:
Anybody else getting sick of playing the Colts every year? OK in the playoffs, if it comes to that, but it's not as though they're in the AFC East anymore and have to be on the regular season schedule.
As long as the Pats and the Colts keep winning their respective divisions, we'll keep playing each other. Personally I look forward to the games with the Colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back