PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting talk with Fauria...Reiss with a good one..

Status
Not open for further replies.
well

Good stuff. I always liked Fauria and hope that he sticks around (for the right price). Watson is great and so is Graham---but Fauria is a solid #3 and is never hurt, everytime someone goes down her is there to due his job. He seems like a solid character guy and could have a career in the media after his career comes to a close.

He loves playing in NE and knows his role and embraces it---what more can you ask for out of a #3 tight end! :rocker:

I'll miss his little TD spike through the legs.

I agree..I'd like to see him stay..what better number 3?? Hmmmm For short money..I'd keep him around for a few years..

Like he was last year, Fauria's role would largely be that of an insurance policy if something happens to Graham or Watson. Aside from that he comes in from time to time and gives them a breather.

His production last year was an all time low but I'd be willing to bet he wasn't thrown to as often, with Watson and others filling the role of the short yardage role nicely.

I'd have him back for the low cap salary he's clearly expecting - the only question is whether or not a young TE can win the job over him in training camp.

mtbykr said:
Good stuff. I always liked Fauria and hope that he sticks around (for the right price). Watson is great and so is Graham---but Fauria is a solid #3 and is never hurt, everytime someone goes down her is there to due his job. He seems like a solid character guy and could have a career in the media after his career comes to a close.

He loves playing in NE and knows his role and embraces it---what more can you ask for out of a #3 tight end! :rocker:

I agree...he has great hands and is a loyal player and great locker room presence. with a stronger O-Line I imagine we could have seen him more and maybe we still will.

Fauria = "CLASS"

What a great guy to have on your team. Just solid guy. Makes ya proud, ya know..... :rocker:

I was struck by the note at the bottom from Givens agent, noting that the Patriots haven't even mentioned his contract.

wow

dryheat44 said:
I was struck by the note at the bottom from Givens agent, noting that the Patriots haven't even mentioned his contract.

Good call! I went right over that. I wonder if that could be because they are waiting to see what the cap number may be next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes