PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Super Bowl Thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFaninAZ

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
In the BB era, the 4 teams the Pats have played in a super bowl all have scored a touchdown in their final drive of the game, not counting the very short possession that Philly started on their own 5 with no time outs.

Doesn't mean anything. Just a little factoid.

The reality is it's always easier to score when you have 4 downs to do it -- although St. Louis and Carolina didn't even need much more than 4 plays.

If you really want to make that stat sting, consider BB has coached FIVE "19th games" in NE (including the AFCCG in Indy) and the D has given up a TD in the final 2 minutes in EVERY game, and each one has either given the opposition a lead, tie or brought them within a FG.

If Tom Brady wasn't so good in the clutch, all of those games probably would have been L's.

If Tom Brady wasn't so good in the clutch, all of those games probably would have been L's.

Correction: If Adam Vinateri wasnt so good in the clutch, all of the games probably would have been L's.

Brady just got him in range, which 98 percent of NFL quarterbacks are capable of...Or were brady's drives in the AFC Championship last year and the superbowl this year considered clutch?

Correction: If Adam Vinateri wasnt so good in the clutch, all of the games probably would have been L's.

That's funny, I seem to remember Vinatieri not making two FGs against Carolina. . . .

Brady just got him in range, which 98 percent of NFL quarterbacks are capable of...Or were brady's drives in the AFC Championship last year and the superbowl this year considered clutch?

Yep, I'm sure that 98% of QBs, in their first season as a starter in the NFL, playing with the talent Brady had available to him, would have gotten in range for that FG. :rolleyes:

Yep, I'm sure that 98% of QBs, in their first season as a starter in the NFL, playing with the talent Brady had available to him, would have gotten in range for that FG. :rolleyes:

in 75 seconds with no timeouts.

please, just cut the BS

I think you've got a real good head on your shoulders. :rolleyes:

brady's final 2 drives in the afccg and the td drive in the 4th qtr of the sb were great

his D failed on him (in the sb)

brady's final 2 drives in the afccg and the td drive in the 4th qtr of the sb were great

his D failed on him (in the sb)

While I totally agree with your first point, your second point is suspect. The Pats' D held the Giants to 17 points, if you knew that going into the game, you would have said the Pats blew them out.

The D gave up the last drive, true, but given the last drive by the Pats' O, it's a mystery to me why they did not score more points in the game. The loss in on the O, but not on Brady. He was money on the TD drive in the 4th.

If you think about it the Pats defense has let up a TD in the final two minutes in all 4 SB.

That's true but think of all the key stops the D made in clutch situations.

-Snow Bowl game: 3rd and inches, gave us a chance to send the game into OT.
-2001 AFCCG at Pitt: 2 turnovers on their final drives, after we missed a FG and gave them excellent field position.
-2003 Divisional vs. Tennessee: Turnover on downs when Titans could have tied it or taken the lead.
-2003 AFCCG vs Indy: Turnover on downs when they could have tied with a TD

Aside from the game at Indy and SB38(which Brady and Weis made up for) our defense has been more than solid. Our offense lost this past Super Bowl and the nightmare at Mile High.

That's true but think of all the key stops the D made in clutch situations.

-Snow Bowl game: 3rd and inches, gave us a chance to send the game into OT.
-2001 AFCCG at Pitt: 2 turnovers on their final drives, after we missed a FG and gave them excellent field position.
-2003 Divisional vs. Tennessee: Turnover on downs when Titans could have tied it or taken the lead.
-2003 AFCCG vs Indy: Turnover on downs when they could have tied with a TD

Aside from the game at Indy and SB38(which Brady and Weis made up for) our defense has been more than solid. Our offense lost this past Super Bowl and the nightmare at Mile High.

I would have to say, that we had the lead with an little over 2 min left. If the defense stepped up like previous years, we would have won. So I hardly think it was all on the offense this year.

Bottom line to me...

Offense was horrible the whole game, but then actually stepped up when it mattered the most.

Defense was great the whole game, but then actually blew it when it mattered the most.

Bottom line to me...

Offense was horrible the whole game, but then actually stepped up when it mattered the most.

Defense was great the whole game, but then actually blew it when it mattered the most.

NOT LISTENING... SUPER BOWL NEVER HAPPENED... LOUD NOISES... :eek:

Bottom line to me...

The simple truth right there.

Now how do you blme one over the other?

Sounds like typical Jets fan logic to me....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey