PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting suggestion by Chris Gasper re: Cassel/O'Connell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever watched Cassel play?? Limited mobility?? Maybe he doesn't have the veteran savvy in the pocket yet but he is very mobile and athletic.

Perhaps you should peruse some of Unoriginal's other posts to get the 'flavor'......

This is the NFL not college. The QB platooning thing doesn't work. It's been tried and it just doesn't work. Don't even bother.

No. And I'm not about to start now.

My heart belongs to Tom.

You know just being a fan of Tom's and not the team makes you more of a stalker than a Patsfan, not that there is anything wrong with that.:rolleyes:

This makes me sad. I had high hopes for Chris Gasper...

Unoriginal keeps blowing people away with 96mph fastballs. :p

I dont get this O'Connell thing. This is real life NFL not Madden where you get a rookie in, play on easy and have him throw 60 TD's

Cassel is doing what he's told, controlling the ball. I thought he made some good dink and dunk type plays and at least he tried to stretch the field with the Moss bomb

He'll get better and more confident as he plays and he's mobile too

This very same Red Zone speculation arose years ago when Flutie was the backup QB - bench Brady & bring in Dougie in the RZ. Didn't happen.

I didnt know Briz's real name was Chris Gasper

"If the Patriots decide to get creative without Brady, O'Connell could see the field in the coming weeks whether Cassel is injured or not. They reached the red zone five times against the Jets but scored just one touchdown. O'Connell showed some ability to run the football during the preseason and could be a weapon inside the 20 with his mobility.

"I just want to help the offense any way I can," said O'Connell. "Like I said before, I'm just going to do anything that they ask me to do, whether it's supporting Cassel or if I have to run the team. I'm just really focusing on being ready to go, basically."

I can't believe people get paid to come up with this ****.

1) Cassel is already just as mobile as O'Connell, if not more so. He's just more experienced and more settled, so he doesn't get flushed out of the pocket as easily.

2) Unless the Pats have no shot at the playoffs, Cassel will be the starter. It's really that simple. The guy has played two very solid games. He ranks top five in passer rating in the NFL. WTF are these morons thinking?

I don't see it happening. I don't think it is all Cassel's fault that we only scored one time in the redzone. I think we will see more of L.Jordon in goalline situations, although Morris did a great job of leaping over the pile. They put Maroney in there once... that makes no sense to me. Wrong RB to have in there at the goalline IMO.

Cassel will be fine in the redzone. O'Connell is not going to help us score more.

Any playing time Kevin O'Connell gets, I am in favor of

Where is Michael Bishop when you FINALLY need him!

Given this nugget from Reiss's notes column today I doubt Bill is contemplating insanity for creativity sake:

"Cassel has directed five scoring drives of 10 plays or longer, which ties for the NFL lead with Giants quarterback Eli Manning."

NFW. Cassel is fine. Zero turnovers. The front line needs to give him more protection in the red zone, if anything.

NFW. Cassel is fine. Zero turnovers. The front line needs to give him more protection in the red zone, if anything.

Knock on wood…….. so far he has been a great QB

What is this, college football?

Stupid idea, I hope it doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back