PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingElvis75

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
So, my roommate had a mutual friend of ours (from college) over for dinner tonight.

She was flying home to Germany recently (first class) and this guy sat next to her. He said, "Hi, my name's Robert. I'm involved with the Patriots." Apparently they had a nice conversation, and he gave her his business card.

So tonight she says, "Hey, you guys like the Patriots. Have you heard of this guy named Robert Kraft?"

:eek:

Turns out she lost the business card...

Never heard of him. Who is he?

Is he related to Jonathan? :confused:

He's this little old guy who does a few things here and there for the Pats.

It's certainly possible it was him, but he has his own plane so I doubt it.

Yeah...I guess there are probably lots of Robert Krafts out there. Whose business cards say "Chairman and CEO, The Kraft Group."

Anyway. Just thought it was funny that she had no idea at all who he was. Would love to have been a fly on the wall at that conversation...

Maybe his plane is in the shop for an overhaul,you never know according to her he did say he was involved with the pats.

I saw him once. He walked onto the field wearing nothing but a business suit when it was four degress above zero.

That was right before one of the greatest playoff games in history. I love defense.

My German immigrant grandfather was something of a society doctor -- film community, mainly, but also at least one LA Dodger (Larry Sherry -- won 2 games and saved 2, or something like that, in the 1959 World Series). Like many European immigrants, my grandfather had no interest in baseball, and turned down all sorts of offers of free tickets.

My mother, as she tells the story, was not pleased when she found out ... :)

Hmmm, last week he was chatting up Kate Hudson who had the distinct look of, "Stop saying stupid things to me old man," on her face, and now he's chatting up women on a plane.

Seems he's emulating Brady and BB these days.

I think the more important question here is: what was Bob doing in Germany?? I can't help but fear the worst.....the Berlin Patriots? say it isn't so...

I'm not buying it. He has his own plane. Wish she didn't lose the card but then again, I could make one on my computer too.

Do private jets have enough fuel to make trans atlantic flights? They're not the biggest things in the world.

Plus little things like landing rights, etc.

It may be alot cheaper and more convenient to fly commercial.

Yeah...I guess there are probably lots of Robert Krafts out there. Whose business cards say "Chairman and CEO, The Kraft Group."

Anyway. Just thought it was funny that she had no idea at all who he was. Would love to have been a fly on the wall at that conversation...

Do you think maybe you were being goofed on? The fact that she lost the business card looks like a giveaway.

Do private jets have enough fuel to make trans atlantic flights? They're not the biggest things in the world.

Plus little things like landing rights, etc.

It may be alot cheaper and more convenient to fly commercial.

This is my thinking, but would like to have seen business card.. probably have to have some type of special license to land in Germany..

Um, don't think so, since she a) has no idea who the guy is, b) doesn't know jack about the Patriots, and c) obviously had no idea what Kraft's relationship to the Pats was prior to coming over last night. She said his business card just said he was Chairman & CEO of "The Kraft Group" and didn't have anything about the Patriots on it.

Anyway. Just something funny I thought was worth sharing. Not trying to make a detective story out of this...and I have no clue what he might have been doing in Germany.

Doesn't he sell cheese?

So, my roommate had a mutual friend of ours (from college) over for dinner tonight.

She was flying home to Germany recently (first class) and this guy sat next to her. He said, "Hi, my name's Robert. I'm involved with the Patriots." Apparently they had a nice conversation, and he gave her his business card.

So tonight she says, "Hey, you guys like the Patriots. Have you heard of this guy named Robert Kraft?"

:eek:

Turns out she lost the business card...

That was me. I was trying to hit on her! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back