PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Stat: Pats more 1st downs in every game than what any other team averages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting Stat: The Kansas City Chiefs have played 7 games and in those games they have NEVER led in any game at any time,the only exception was their OT win against the Saints when they took the lead in OT and won the game.

Thought I would add an interesting stat of my own in here :cool:

How can averaging less than 1 3 and out per game mean far too many come at any time?

Far too many of the seven came in the fourth quarter of games where the Patriots could have benefited tremendously from not going 3 and out.

Far too many of the seven came in the fourth quarter of games where the Patriots could have benefited tremendously from not going 3 and out.

0 3-and-out in the Titans game
2 3-and-out in the Cardinals game, 0 in the 4th quarter
0 3-and-out in the Ravens game
2 3-and-out in the Bills game, 0 in the 4th quarter
1 3-and-out in the Broncos game, 0 in the 4th quarter
1 3-and-out in the Seahawks game, 1 in the 4th quarter
0 3-and-out in the Jets game
1 3-and-out in the Rams game, 0 in the 4th quarter

Unless I erred, or Pro-Football-Reference.com made a mistake in its play-by-play, it's only 7 3-and-out series all season, and only 1 3-and-out series in the 4th quarter all season.

0 3-and-out in the Titans game
2 3-and-out in the Cardinals game, 0 in the 4th quarter
0 3-and-out in the Ravens game
2 3-and-out in the Bills game, 0 in the 4th quarter
1 3-and-out in the Broncos game, 0 in the 4th quarter
1 3-and-out in the Seahawks game, 1 in the 4th quarter
0 3-and-out in the Jets game
1 3-and-out in the Rams game, 0 in the 4th quarter

Unless I erred, or Pro-Football-Reference.com made a mistake in its play-by-play, it's only 7 3-and-out series all season, and only 1 3-and-out series in the 4th quarter all season.

I stand corrected in part: I guess I define a 3-and-out slightly differently than the NFL does.

New England Patriots at 5:44, (1st play from scrimmage 5:39)
1-10-NE 21 (5:39) T.Brady pass short left to B.Lloyd to NE 31 for 10 yards (K.Wilson).
PENALTY on NE-B.Lloyd, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at NE 21 - No Play.
1-20-NE 11 (5:17) T.Brady pass incomplete deep right to R.Gronkowski (A.Cromartie).
2-20-NE 11 (5:10) (Shotgun) S.Ridley right guard to NE 15 for 4 yards (C.Pace).
3-16-NE 15 (4:37) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep left to W.Welker.
4-16-NE 15 (4:31) Z.Mesko punts 53 yards to NYJ 32, Center-D.Aiken. J.Kerley ran ob at NYJ 35 for 3 yards.

Apparently, because of the penalty, this doesn't "officially" count as a 3-and-out (it was against the JEST), but it still sounds like one to me (no score, no first downs).

Last edited:
I stand corrected in part: I guess I define a 3-and-out slightly differently than the NFL does.

Apparently, because of the penalty, this doesn't "officially" count as a 3-and-out (it was against the JEST), but it still sounds like one to me (no score, no first downs).

Even counting that, it's only 2 3-and-out series in the 4th quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes