PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting stat on Pats rushing TDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this, and it occured to me that all of the following players.....

Sammy Morris
Tom Brady
Heath Evans
Kyle Eckle
Matt Cassel

.....have more rushing TDs this year than Laurence Maroney and Kevin Faulk

That is becuase:
1. Maroney has missed good chuncks of this season.
2. Morris/Faulk are used in Goal line situations more often, they are used as the South-North power runners more than Maroney.

With time Maroney will get more rushing TD. We haven't really needed him in those situations yet this season.

That is becuase:
1. Maroney has missed good chuncks of this season.
2. Morris/Faulk are used in Goal line situations more often, they are used as the South-North power runners more than Maroney.

With time Maroney will get more rushing TD. We haven't really needed him in those situations yet this season.

Faulk is used in goal line? How would you explain his zero TD's then.

anyways, regardless this is STILL an interesting stat at the halfway point of the season

Maroney has played in enough games to have scored a touchdown. After all, it's not like many of the guys on the list have had lots of opportunities to score, especially Cassel.

Is it just me, or is the Pats running game inside the 5 yard line just completely pathetic? I can't remember how many rushes for no gain we've had from 2-3 yards out, and we end up doing a play-action for the TD.

That's part of why Brady's TD numbers are so gross. We have to pass it in from in close. I guess defenses are overloading to stop the run but seriously...

We may see Faulk on the goal line on 3rd downs. For a direct snap of course :)

Is it just me, or is the Pats running game inside the 5 yard line just completely pathetic? I can't remember how many rushes for no gain we've had from 2-3 yards out, and we end up doing a play-action for the TD.

That's part of why Brady's TD numbers are so gross. We have to pass it in from in close. I guess defenses are overloading to stop the run but seriously...

Yeah, there haven't been as many "pound it in" TDs as I remember from previous years. Morris looked good a couple times in those situations earlier this year, though - too bad he's out.

Heath Evans...ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes