PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Scenario for Week 17: Would BB do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hypothetical situation

say the dolphins win the next 2 games, the jets lose the next 2 games... Sd has won the west, Jax wins the south... kc is eliminated.. it comes to week 17 the jets would need to win and the dolphins to lose... The dolphins play the pats, do you think just suppose with homefield all wrapped up, and nothing to play for.. would Belichick want to stick it to the jets and scale back and try not to win the game.. Its a double edge problem.. would love to see the jets get shut out of the postseason, but if we dont go all out against the dolphins, say the dolphins get hot it could come back to bite us in the playoffs.. I say take my chances , and let the jets sit home and plan the next hard knocks episode..

This thread has been made before but let me ask you this...

Do you think BB cares if they Jets make the playoffs or not?

and

Do you think BB would be apprehensive about facing the Jets in a playoff match?

The Jets are nothing to BB. The Patriots are his concern and not the Jets.

Last edited:
Dear Lord,
Please let the chips fall so that we have an opportunity to screw the Jets over one more time this season.

Re: Would BB take a dive?

I can't see BB doing this at all. If I were head coach, I'd want my team to believe that we can beat every team...anywhere and anytime. Shenanigans like this would only send a message to your team that you don't think they can beat the Jets.

This is fantasy football. Always go for the win.

Re: Would BB take a dive?

I can't see BB doing this at all. If I were head coach, I'd want my team to believe that we can beat every team...anywhere and anytime. Shenanigans like this would only send a message to your team that you don't think they can beat the Jets.

This is fantasy football. Always go for the win.

You don't do this cause you are afraid of the Jets. You do this cause Hoyer could use the reps and Brady could use the rest.

Actually question is sorta moot.

I was looking at the tiebreakers.

If the Fins win out and the Jets lose to the Steelers and Bears but beat the Bills, Jets and Fins would tie, tie on div, tie on common and Jets would be in over the fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back