PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting read on Peyton

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRule

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently Manning had to go through another procedure on his knee to clean things out after having his bursa sac removed last month. What is the most concerning is not the second operation (which the Colts are denying), but that they cannot control the swelling in Manning’s knee and any physical movement causes MORE swelling. Once he returns to the game, gets hit, has to place a load on the knee, and drive the ball, there can be swelling. All I know is that there is MUCH more here than meets the eye. Manning has the trainer come over to HIS home for rehab and is rarely seen. Now, I have been with some big-time quarterbacks in my career like Joe Montana and Rich Gannon and never have they rehabbed from home. I thought this was not an issue and that Manning would be back.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2008/8/21/598336/report-peyton-manning-had

Matt Cassell is availbale .... ;)

Apparently Manning had to go through another procedure on his knee to clean things out after having his bursa sac removed last month. What is the most concerning is not the second operation (which the Colts are denying), but that they cannot control the swelling in Manning’s knee and any physical movement causes MORE swelling. Once he returns to the game, gets hit, has to place a load on the knee, and drive the ball, there can be swelling. All I know is that there is MUCH more here than meets the eye. Manning has the trainer come over to HIS home for rehab and is rarely seen. Now, I have been with some big-time quarterbacks in my career like Joe Montana and Rich Gannon and never have they rehabbed from home. I thought this was not an issue and that Manning would be back.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2008/8/21/598336/report-peyton-manning-had

This story kind of reminds of the Seymour story where he had the surgery was supposed to be ready for camp and than had the set back with some sort of infection.

Sounds kind of fishy. Don't you think they would be a little more active in their pursuit of an legit QB if that was the case? I thought he was at their camp now anyway.

He was at camp but didn't practice,and I think they are OK with Sorgi..He knows the offense and it would probably only for a few weeks if the story is true.

Sounds kind of fishy. Don't you think they would be a little more active in their pursuit of an legit QB if that was the case? I thought he was at their camp now anyway.
They added Quinn Gray who was alright for Jax last year and Jared Lorenzen to compete with Sorgi - just like the Patriots, you can't really replace a HoF QB. Manning was walking around yesterday, it would be a stretch to call him "at their camp".

They added Quinn Gray who was alright for Jax last year and Jared Lorenzen to compete with Sorgi - just like the Patriots, you can't really replace a HoF QB. Manning was walking around yesterday, it would be a stretch to call him "at their camp".

Both of those guys are stiffs, maybe ok as a back up but not as an option for a starter.

Quarterback Peyton Manning continues to do whatever he can to keep up with the Colts' preparation for their Sept. 7 regular-season opener against the Chicago Bears.
Wednesday morning, he took repetitions with the No. 1 offense during the light "walk-through'' session before giving way to backup Jim Sorgi. Manning will continue to do that until he is cleared for heavier work.
"He's got a routine he's in and pretty much that's going to be it,'' coach Tony Dungy said. "He's here and involved and doing fine.''
Dungy did not rule out the possibility of Manning playing in the preseason finale against the Cincinnati Bengals on Aug. 28, but that's likely a long shot at best.

linkage

I'm not making a big deal, I'm just saying...

Last edited:
Knees are ridiculous contraptions, and when they start to go bad, it's nasty. I genuinely hope this doesn't turn into something chronic for him.

They already added two QBs after the surgery (Quinn Gray and Jerrad "the Hefty Lefty" Lorenz). How many QBs do you think they can add. Including Manning, they have 4 on the roster. Quinn Gray is as good as any QB available at the time unless you think Byron Leftwich or Daunte Culpepper are better (I really don't). They could do a last minute trade with a team like Tampa for Chris Simms.

I don't know if the story is true although Lombardi is pretty jacked into the NFL, but their lack of movement to acquire another QB is more likely based on the options available, not any potential delay in Manning's recovery.

Part of me wants Satan Manning back on the field ASAP, because watching Manning Face is always so much fun.

OTOH, given the ridiculous overcommercialization of the Quarterhicks (both of them now), I think I'd almost rather watch NBC be forced to cover Bears-Colts with neither team having a decent quarterback on the field. :p

Last edited:
Hopefully it gets resolved by Labor Day as I may be in position to draft him in my fantasy football league. :p

Knees are ridiculous contraptions, and when they start to go bad, it's nasty. I genuinely hope this doesn't turn into something chronic for him.

Ditto! I don't like Manning or the Colts, but I don't wish injuries on anyone.

Florio is saying there are whispers of concern that Merriman could be done for a career. It would suck to see him go out like that too.

My scarred and cartilage-free right knee concurs. It's absolutely miserable when your knee starts to degrade.

Then again, it is Manning, I can't say I'd shed many tears over it.

Just makes me remember how fragile these guys really are, given the poundings they take week-in and week-out, and how remarkable it is and how lucky we are that we've been able to watch Brady and Manning play uninjured for these many years. I sincerely hope he's OK. Beating the Colts without Manning wouldn't be the same.

I hope he fully recovers. Sorgi vs. Grossman almost seems fair QB matchup though.

Ditto! I don't like Manning or the Colts, but I don't wish injuries on anyone.

Florio is saying there are whispers of concern that Merriman could be done for a career. It would suck to see him go out like that too.

I am ashamed.....my first thought was wishing for his return ASAP - then I thought about and found myself saying:

FLuck Peyton, his brother and his father too...sorry.

Tennessee and Jax have defenses that would feast on a Manningless Colts squad. Even Houston's front 7 would be a hassle for Sorgi and company. The Colts need Manning much like the Pats need Brady.

Regards,
Chris

and its the pats who are always accused of not disclosing injuries but the colts with harrison and manning now are showing 'quiet strength'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes