PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting read from Solomon re Gramatica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on article and his strong kicking a stray thought for someone with time to research:

HOW MANY PLAYER-GAMES HAVE WE LOST TO INJURIES OCCURRING ON KICKOFFS? (out of how many kick offs versus how many touchbacks).

Not that I in any way thing Grammatica is better than A.V.; but if he can consistently put a kickoff into the End Zone (deep) and force the other team to take a touchback; will he actually be an improvement in the ENTIRE TEAM because we dont lose key guys to injury?

From this article, it sounds like he's kicking 50yd field goals consistantly and that he's got his confidence back after corrective surgery. All good things, he'll have the opportunity to fight it out with rooks in camp. Nice find for Pats.

Gumby said:
Based on article and his strong kicking a stray thought for someone with time to research:

HOW MANY PLAYER-GAMES HAVE WE LOST TO INJURIES OCCURRING ON KICKOFFS? (out of how many kick offs versus how many touchbacks).

Not that I in any way thing Grammatica is better than A.V.; but if he can consistently put a kickoff into the End Zone (deep) and force the other team to take a touchback; will he actually be an improvement in the ENTIRE TEAM because we dont lose key guys to injury?

I hope you won't mind my asking, but who is A.V.??

Thanks, good read. I'll say it again, I think this is a very good signing. i'm surprised at how negative the reaction is from many around here.

CrazyDave said:
Thanks, good read. I'll say it again, I think this is a very good signing. i'm surprised at how negative the reaction is from many around here.
It's a great signing. If he can get back to where he was, he's as good as our previous kicker (in different ways). If he can't, we cut him and move on. Great no risk shot.

mikey said:

EXACTLY! His real name is Mudd, greedy b@st@rd!

On this, the seventh day of April two-thousand and six, his name has been stricken from the books of the Metal Gods!

He may only be referred to as Mudd from this day forth!

You will pay for your insolence and breech of loyalty, oh, God-forsaken "Mudd"!

(Even though I picked him to beat us in OT on a FG when the Colts visit in November!)

ADPF

mikey said:

Those are my initials. Oh, you mean someone past, present or future with the Pats? Beats me. :p

BelichickFan said:
It's a great signing. If he can get back to where he was, he's as good as our previous kicker (in different ways). If he can't, we cut him and move on. Great no risk shot.

It really would be a total steal if he turned back into the kicker he was with the Bucs

And of course, Belichick has a strong track record of ressurecting careers. Harrison, Dillon, Washington, Fauria all came here with question marks, and all ended up getting at least one ring, if not more!

Grammatica next in line?

BTW, was he the kicker on the Bucs Super Bowl winner?

ADPF

PS: OT - Note his resemblance to the Flinstones "Gazoo" in the link below...

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/looking/archive.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back