PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting quote from Albert Haynesworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusH1023

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Evidently the Titans and Rams had 'spirited' practice together with several fights (two involving Ricochet Caldwell) and then the resultant Haynesworth comment:

"The only good news is that Pacman Jones has been traded. Otherwise, somebody might have gotten bitten. Or shot."

Good luck 'Boys. As an aside, Haynesworth didn't stomp on anyone's head during the practice.

If Tennessee wants to trade him, I'd be happy to see him in New England with Rodney to mentor him.

If Tennessee wants to trade him, I'd be happy to see him in New England with Rodney to mentor him.

Not me. I know this is a slippery slope with some people but here's my thought: There are thugs everywhere, yes, but he's a thug who just can't seem to stop adding SERIOUS crimes to that rap sheet (as recently as January 08). I hope he turns it around for himself, but somewhere else.

Last edited:
Haynesworth didn't say that. Mike Florio did.

Haynesworth said this:

Haynesworth said:
You know this defense. We’re a tough, rough defense,” Haynesworth said. “We don’t back down from anybody, and that’s how we’ve always played. Ever since that day that Lance Schulters gave us that nickname the Tennessee Tyrants, that’s what we’ve been trying to live up to.

Florio added the comment that followed:

Florio said:
The only good news is that Pacman Jones has been traded. Otherwise, somebody might have gotten bitten. Or shot.

Say what you want about Haynesworth, but he is a dominant player. I would take him in a heartbeat. That is a fantasy, though, considering what he will get paid when he hits the market.

Last edited:
By the way, Haynesworth also said this:

Haynesworth said:
We need to focus a little bit more and stop worrying about kicking people’s butts and stuff and actually do it between the whistles,” Haynesworth. “I think we got a little more focused on the brawls after [the play] instead of the actual play. We let some get by us.

Sounds like he is more level-headed than this teammates.

And... before you judge Haynesworth on losing his mind and stomping on Andre Gurode's head, remember that Richard Seymour did basically the same thing to Tarik Glenn of the Colts a couple years back. The only difference was Glenn's helmet didn't come off and Seymour didn't get caught.

And... before you judge Haynesworth on losing his mind and stomping on Andre Gurode's head, remember that Richard Seymour did basically the same thing to Tarik Glenn of the Colts a couple years back. The only difference was Glenn's helmet didn't come off and Seymour didn't get caught.

Exactly. People sure throw the thug tag around awfully quickly without noticing that we've got some dirty players on this team as well.

Bingo! That was exactly what I pointed out once that incident became public the following week. I was a bit taken aback when some of those who responded on this board dismissed it as action done during the 'heat of the moment'.

Last edited:
Yeah, Haynesworth's a swell guy. Now, does anyone have the clip of him sliding feet-first, cleats up into a guy's knee last season? That was a total accident, too.

Yeah, Haynesworth's a swell guy. Now, does anyone have the clip of him sliding feet-first, cleats up into a guy's knee last season? That was a total accident, too.

Plus, an examination of Haynesworth's crimes on the field vs. Pats players wasn't my intention. It was the joke part of the statement.

And, I didn't call him a thug; I'd take Haynesworth. Pacman is a thug and I wouldn't take him.

Last edited:
Everyone knows that the Titans are a dirty team, they have been for years. I'm not surprised that big-mouth ***** bullock is choosing to go after Reche Caldwell, it's typical of that gutless franchise.

Not me. I know this is a slippery slope with some people but here's my thought: There are thugs everywhere, yes, but he's a thug who just can't seem to stop adding SERIOUS crimes to that rap sheet (as recently as January 08). I hope he turns it around for himself, but somewhere else.
No not Adam "Dirtbird" Jones, Dallas can have that cancer. Rodney was rehabbing in Atlanta while Haynesworth was suspended and gave him a pep talk when they met accidentally in a restaurant - he also invited him to join the Pats. I'll take Albert any day.

Haynesworth has a medical problem, that years ago was undiagnosed and untreated, and caused his anti social and erratic behavior.

He's been on medication for a couple of years now and seems to be doing fine.

dump this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye