Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interesting Poll on "Hallowed Ground Mosque"...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Sep 3, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -26

The New York Times commissioned a poll on the proposed mosque in lower New York:eek::eek: and came up with some interesting results...

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/poll_results.pdf

Interesting that in the first part 50% oppose this mosque being built, while 72%have a right to build a house of worship in that area, and 62% believe they have the right to build a mosque...

OTOH on the favor oppose part of this poll it demonstrates how polarized people are about it as 19% strongly favor, and 37% strongly oppose... interesting.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +495 / 2 / -9

The Mosque will be built and it could turn out to be a good thing for "History" when students and and others visit the site for whatever reason they can tell their students "This is where America was attcked and this is where 3000 innocent people were roasted to death" then they can turn and say "There stands an Islamic Mosque a worshiping place for all Muslims, that is the Religion and worship place of the Killers that attacked America.

Maybe The Mosque Isn't A Bad Idea After All.

A SHRINE FOR SOME
    A REMINDER TO OTHERS
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  3. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As an opposer, I and other like-mindeds do strongly believe they have the right. Just think it's a bad idea... maybe I shouldn't use the term "oppose" as I'm not, nor do I favor, doing anything against it aside from frown upon it.
  4. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It is a curious way to slice and dice what, in the end, is an attempt to limit the exercise of ones' rights. How very un-American of you.
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +495 / 2 / -9

They can build it and they probably will, but there are millions of Americans who don't have to like it.

A strange thing this love affair the Liberals have going with "Islam" it is very weird, usually liberals condem violence, god worshiping, religious shrine's in public places, and the abuse of women, I will have to go down to the seashore and try to figure this all out.

BUILD THE MOSQUE IT WILL STAND AS A REMINDER OF THE SLAUGHTER
  6. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Not really. You guys have such a short attention span and are so easily influenced that you'll forget all about this once the next big talking point comes to town.
  7. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You must have thought very badly of yourself for bashing GWB while he was president by that very same logic.
  8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'm wondering why the president won't come out with anything stronger than(I'm paraphrasing). "I only was talking about this being America and we don't deny anyone their rights....I didn't say anything about the wisdom of it."
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +495 / 2 / -9

Your right but future scholars won't forget it once they see it.
  10. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

No, scholars won't forget as they point out how embarrassing a moment in history it is when ostensibly constitution loving Americans sh4t on others' constitutional freedoms.
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 5 / -2

As a developer I can tell you that a community always has an opinion, of whatever project it is you're proposing to build, inside their neighborhood. Ultimately whether it's built or not, isn't centered on that opinion, but it is always considered. People may not want a fish processing plant, a Dunkin Donuts, a strip joint, liquor store, office building, construction yard, 6 family residential property, methodone clinic, mosque, church, temple, etc built either in their town limits, or in a specific area inside of them. So it is absolutely possible for people to understand that something can be built somewhere, but simply not want it to be.
  12. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's especially sexy when this oh so benign community opinion is based solely on religion!
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's a GRET idea!

And after that they can go down to St. Patrick's Cathedral and say, "There stands a Catholic church, a worshiping place for all Catholics. That is the religion and worship place of the pedofiles and genocidal murderers who also protected the Nazis and got them to South America to hide after WWII." And then they can go to the nearest Jewish temple and say, "There stands a Jewish temple, a worshiping place for all Jews. That is the religion and worship place of the random Zionist terrorist bombers who murder innocent Palestinians and treat them like subhuman pigs with blockades, economic sanctions and religious discrimination".

Get the point? No? Try again.:bricks:
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +495 / 2 / -9

Of course I get it I have posted on this forum a hundred times how I am dead set against Organized Religion it is a mind stealing, brainwashing practice and that includes the organized religion of Islam, liberals may not like it but Islam is right up there with The Catholics, The Mormons and The Baptists.
    I left organized religion many years ago, they are "a power" who wanted to control my life and get into my wallet, I was a Baptist (Jessie & MLK's Religion) I got no comfort or inspiration listening to their "Bullsh!t"

I worship my God (if there is one) in my own way, F-ck All The Stinking Churches.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Well, alrighty then...

You were singling out Muslims. That was my point.
  16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Yeah there's that but there's also those that hijacked said religion in order to justify creating ground zero. Please don't belittle everyone that got hurt and have suffered terrible personal losses of family and friends because of them. Ya know back when the NRA held it's convention in Denver there was quite an uproar in some of the communities around Columbine. Can't you understand the sentiment?
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Yeah...
    It's also known as "Wearing your heart on your sleeve", "Grieving for an over-extended period of time in public", "Making yourself more relevant than you really are because you need the attention" and "National Drama Queen Syndrome".

I understand that it could take a lifetime to overcome the enormous grief of those left behind after 9-11 and Columbine, but that doesn't give them the right to dictate to society based on their sense of loss and who they think is responsible.

Gun owners at an NRA convention had absolutely nothing to do with Columbine. Bad parenting, other social ills, and mental illness all had more to do with Columbine than the NRA did. Psychotic Saudis, government complicity (by the Saudis) and useless lives had more to do with the attack on WTC than did the Muslim faith or a NY mosque.
  18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'm not advocating that they should be able to dictate anything. hell, the NRA could have booked a spot next to the high school legally and told everyone they were reaching out with a legitimate gun ownership point of view couldn't they? Fine, just understand that there is going to be some heart felt resentment, misplaced or not. I'm just not going to judge them for it.
  19. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

And Rumsfeld used religion to justify the war in Iraq. Take a look at his operation plan images if you don't believe me. The US and Islamic terrorists are cut from the exact same cloth, we just have more money to spend on guns.

Where did I belittle 9/11 victims?

No. This community center is a Sufi community center - they are pacifists and not involved in terrorism in any way. This is all about American ignorance and hate and stupidity.
  20. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +194 / 2 / -2

Is that how you think of Catholic churches and pedophilia?