Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interesting Poll by Research 2000...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Feb 4, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 14 / -28

before all the righties get their depends in a bunch, it was commissioned by Daily Kos, without regard Research 2000 is considered a credible source, and this poll was exclusive of republicans...

Very interesting poll as it certainly seems to be in lockstep with the teachings of Rush, Hannity, Coulter etc... and helps explain the divide on this board fairly well.. once again this party is not pro life, it is pro birth who overwhelmingly believe is creative design, gays should not be around our children and that you must be christian to be saved....

Daily Kos :: State of the Nation

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think its the never ending generalizations like that coming from both sides that explains the a good part divide on this board.

3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +516 / 14 / -28

That along with polls.. it is what it is, the results validate how this plays out on this board.. interestingly they left out MMGW..

There are a few exceptions, but does that break the rule???

4. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I just noticed from the article that the highest demographic percentage was derived from questioning christian men from the south(42%). The northeast which is the most liberal was was only represented in the poll by 11%. I mentioned yesterday that I'm not all that capable of the science used for polls but that sticks out like a sore thumb.

5. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +107 / 15 / -9

Does Obama want the terrorists to win ?

No....

Wait....

He may want them to win in court !

Sheikh Mohammed had already asked to plead guilty in military court before
    Obama decided that we would foot the bill for his trial in civilain court.

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

This was the only poll that had Brown losing in Mass also. It's not interesting in the least other than the man who always whines about sources dares to post this. Research 2000 is 100% invalid based on it's results.

7. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +789 / 6 / -9

a.) No it wasn't.

b.) Actually, R2K is one of the more accurate pollsters out there.

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +516 / 14 / -28

Believe I qualified the source, and find your comments interesting.. it is one of the few polls that exclusively have done work with one party, do you know of another??

Personally do not like Daily Kos, but it was linked in LGF.. if is was posted on their site would have linked directly to it, however as Kos paid for it there was no choice..

The results are very much in line with the right on this board, and personally find the results somewhat scary.. one might say that the "Chief Dittohead" and his minions have indoctrinated his followers well..

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

Yeah I know but that place is a total hack job and doesn't deserve a thread.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/01/research-2000-poll-coakley-and-brown-tied-48-48.php

"The new Daily Kos/Research 2000 poll of the Massachusetts special Senate election has the race as a tie between Democrat Martha Coakley and Republican Scott Brown -- the best independent poll result that Coakley has had in the last few days."

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +516 / 14 / -28

Most partisan sites are, tried to find the actual source from Research 2000...but right now it seems to be the exclusive property of Markos... take it or leave it.

11. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

We has some good laughs at R2K's polling in 2004. Almost as much as Zogby calling a Kerry landslide the night before the election.

Bush, Kerry close in N.C., poll says – Research 2000
    Seriously?? NC was never in play.

Bush, Kerry in dead heat, Florida survey shows – Research 2000
    Bush's election staff was being pulled out of Florida at this time because we knew it was a lock. Bush won Florida by a healthy 5 points.

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +516 / 14 / -28

Here is your first clue every poll makes mistakes, but this is an exclusive poll of Republicans.. are you embarassed by their findings???

13. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +789 / 6 / -9

It's an independent pollster who was commissioned by DailyKos to perform the poll. Their reputation, per Nate Silver at 538, is actually quite solid.

But BelichickFan is wont to do the intellectually lazy thing and dismiss them out of hand so he doesn't have to address the uncomfortable truths the results present.

14. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +789 / 6 / -9

Uh, you are aware that polling is an inexact science, are you not? You can cherry pick outliers from any pollster out there, from CNN/Opinion Dynamics, Gallup, Fox News, ABC/WaPo, NBC/WSJ, Rasmussen, SurveyUSA, Zogby, etc.

When you look at the overall track record, R2K has an above-average ranking, and is certainly not worth the blithe dismissal from BF.

And if I remember correctly, don't people around here love to cite the Rasmussen tracking poll as evidence of Obama's alleged unpopularity, despite it being an obvious and frequent outlier?

15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +516 / 14 / -28

Everything that the right argues is laced with duplicity and usually hysteria...very seldom is the "hard work" done...

16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

I'm sure Jack is having fun ripping on me, I can't see as I have him on Ignore . . . that said, of the quoted questions, the only one that I disagree with the polled majority is the teaching of Genesis in public schools; and the last one is moot to me being agnostic with an atheist lean. The others that were in the original quote I agree with.

17. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

It can't be dismissed but I think it's skewed. Look at the demographics. The highest percentage of republicans that were polled came from the cracker south(42%). The more moderate northeast was only represented 11% of the data. I don't think you can do a poll like that and get an accurate representation of the nation's republicans. Chances are that is on purpose. Flip those numbers and do the poll over again. I think any reasonable person would say that the results would vary quite a bit.

18. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +789 / 6 / -9

I actually consider it a badge of honor that BF has me on ignore, so I guess it's a win-win for the both of us.

19. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +789 / 6 / -9

It's skewed to adjust for the simple fact that there are many, many more self-identifying Republicans in the south than in other regions of the country.

20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +516 / 14 / -28

Isn't that called representative sampling??