Welcome to PatsFans.com

interesting point about obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by tanked_as_usual, Jun 23, 2009.

1. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Why Europe Is Talking Tougher than Obama on Iran - Yahoo! News

I actually believe being silent at this point is a prudent move on his part........I am hoping that silent strings are being pulled in the background to mitigate the situation on the US behalf..............good time for covert ops, or is that something that you libbies abhor?

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 22 / -19

Politically I'm pragmatic, so if Obama is using covert ops to help the liberal students and intellectuals fight the conservative government, I'm all for it. But, the fact is, because Republicans felt we should have nothing to do with Iran, I doubt we're in a strong covert position in the country. Obama's outreach obviously has not had time to help us develop connections in Iran.

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I picture some blonde, blue-eyed CIA spies hastily thrown into Teheran dressed with a head scarf, shades and a black mustache trying to "blend in".:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Durka-durka...Jihad.....

http://www.geocities.com/fatherjack2000_ca/kiss-me_team-america.gif

Being a 'libbie' ...I'd say the more we stay the *** out of this, the better. Revolution happens form within. It seems that the youth has taken over. What started as an Islamic revolution with an old man with a beard as its face, has transformed into a rebellion with the face of a dying woman in the streets as its current symbol. Times are changing.

If Iranians come together and fight for what they want, this becomes THEIR victory, on THEIR terms. If we interfere, we become part of the unrest, and also choose a side...which will eventually be resented.

I fully support Obama's stance on this.

5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

NOt that I'm a "libbie", but I'll chime in on this....covert ops would definately be prudent but what is going on may not be what some think. This may not be an attempt to over-throw the current regime and the Irani people may resent any such assumption by the US.

I guess I'm saying that Obama has to be prudent even with covert ops.

6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

from his statement today:

OBAMA: Ultimately, the most important thing for the Iranian government to consider is legitimacy in the eyes of its own people, not in the eyes of the United States. And that’s why I’ve been very clear, ultimately, this is up to the Iranian people to decide who their leadership is going to be and the structure of their government.

I agree 100%

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,113 / 3 / -10

Obama should stay away from Iran, the hell with them, it's their country and their people let them beat and kill each other for as long as they want, it keeps them busy, if some other country has to interfere let Russia or France do it.

Obama should spend his time thinking and getting the Bombers warmed up with this Ping Pong Bastard in N Korea, Ping Pong has told the whole world he is going to attack Hawaii, now lets see what kind of Balls our Beautiful New President has he has been challenged now it's his move.

What would you all do if some creep said he was going to attack your home-------------:confused:

8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The Iranian people pushed the Shah out and the Ayatollah in 30 years ago. They can undo that any time they really want to.

Any help from us should be limited to turning part time rabble rousers(who are part time because the rest of the time they have to work to eat) into full time rabble rousers. and that's about it.

9. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

the republicans only referred to iran as part of the 'axis of evil' ........ I do believe that confrontation at some point would have occurred.........ahminapoophead has been trying to force legitimacy under his own rules, and the world ain't biting.......

I fear that the reality is that obama is hiding from the issue (per the Holy statement in another post) and hoping that things take care of themselves........even if there is an opportunity to 'tip the scale' to help the US get what it would like, obama will not act upon that opportunity

I believe in the middle of all this (between iran and north korea) is the chinese pulling strings in the background in order to keep the western powers preoccupied........that what I would do

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,113 / 3 / -10

Iran isn't America's problem, No Korea is.

11. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

naahhh.......it isn't, really.......its south korea's problem.....seoul in particular

12. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You mean like how Bush should have stayed away from Iraq. The hypocrisy is mund-numbing,