PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Piece re: Pats Pace for Historical Stat Dominance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Just wow!
Now we all know that simple extrapolations can often lead to ridiculously wrong conclusions (projecting the height of your 4 yr old at adulthood based on the current growth rate) but the stats DO illustrate how freakin' dominating and rapacious this club is. On a freakin' tear.

it is very impressive but so so early...

it is very impressive but so so early...

Let's be cautious for sure, but you know, it's not really THAT early anymore.

Obviously, injuries can ruin anything. But after the Redskins a week from Sunday, we're halfway there, with 3 more of these division games to come in the second half. It's not that early.

Pats are definitely on a tear. Not quite as good as mid season '04 for the Colts, but pretty close ;)

Pats are definitely on a tear. Not quite as good as mid season '04 for the Colts, but pretty close ;)

Actually, they are ahead.

But NE plays quite a few games up north come late Nov and Dec so I don't expect them to end at that level.

congratulations for this thread being turned into another colt related thread.

Actually, they are ahead.

But NE plays quite a few games up north come late Nov and Dec so I don't expect them to end at that level.
I guess it depends on how you define it, but mid season of '04 from about week 5 to 13, pick any 6 game stretch and the O was dominating. Here's some stuff that someone came up with:

"133 - 195-1875 yards and 27 TD's and 4 INT's for a 130 passer rating.Our offense scored 28 TD's OVER THAT SIX GAME STRETCH!

Brady is 148-204 1771 yards 21 TD's and 2 INT's(amazing) for a 128.9 rating.The NE offense has scored 26 TD's.

In that season,the Colts are the only team in history to have 3 wr's to go over a 1000 yards and have at least 10 TD's each.NE's 3 wr's are not going to come close to that.Also,Edge had almost 1600 yrds rushing that year and our TE's(clark and Pollard) had 11 TD's."

I guess it depends on how you define it, but mid season of '04 from about week 5 to 13, pick any 6 game stretch and the O was dominating. Here's some stuff that someone came up with:

"133 - 195-1875 yards and 27 TD's and 4 INT's for a 130 passer rating.Our offense scored 28 TD's OVER THAT SIX GAME STRETCH!

Brady is 148-204 1771 yards 21 TD's and 2 INT's(amazing) for a 128.9 rating.The NE offense has scored 26 TD's.

In that season,the Colts are the only team in history to have 3 wr's to go over a 1000 yards and have at least 10 TD's each.NE's 3 wr's are not going to come close to that.Also,Edge had almost 1600 yrds rushing that year and our TE's(clark and Pollard) had 11 TD's."

See, that's the difference between Colts fans and Pats fans. What difference does it make as to who's scoring them, as long as they are scoring them?

3 Points Baby, 3 Points for the Colts offense against backup Patriots cornerbacks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=250116017
Yes! We absolutely got our ass kicked that day. There are probably some Colts fans out there that would be willing to break that one down to the whys and wherefores. In '03, before the game, I stated before the game started that the only way we lose is if the refs screw us. Some say that was the case. In '04, as soon as CBS came on the air live, I knew it was over. Dark and cold brotha. The bio-rhythms just weren't there. Two biggest eggs ever laid, 41-0 and 21-3.

See, that's the difference between Colts fans and Pats fans. What difference does it make as to who's scoring them, as long as they are scoring them?

And you ARE scoring them at a slightly slower pace than that stretch for the Colts.

I think NE could actually get there. The RB numbers won't look quite as good, but I think Welker and Stallworth might continue their hot streak for awhile. And all RMoss has to do is show up.

We should be talking about this maybe in week 15.

For now I just want to enjoy the show.

Sure, go right ahead. It just so happens that our pansies came in that stretch b/w games 5-13:D
It just so happens that the Colts defense of 2004 does not even come close in comparison to the Patriots defense of 2007.

which is why this PATS team, is LIGHTYEARS better then the colts TEAM...

and we ALL know football is a TEAM game rit?

which is why this PATS team, is LIGHTYEARS better then the colts TEAM...

and we ALL know football is a TEAM game rit?
Unfortunately, some Colts fans don't understand the word defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes