Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interesting Piece of Art

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 10, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

McNaughton Fine Art

Every character in the print has a symbolic purpose in the artists opinion.
    If you go to the site the explanation is provided as you highlight the character.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Do not care for "literal art"... when I read things like Liberal Reporter, helps understand the bias of the artist... or Pregnant mother who is having a child instead of choosing abortion, or Hollywood Artist who "looks down at SC Justice and Pregnant mother".... just more bullshyt from the right...

Just another attempt to re-translate the Bible to make it fit better with conservative ideology. Now there are no suggestions about what's to be done with all those inconvenient references to the poor.

If you note Satan is in the bottom right surrounded by Professors, Hollywood Actors, Liberal Reporters... interesting how much he left out in this political statement... it is crap pure and simple.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Oh fakrissakes!
    What's your freaking point, Icy?
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

I'm not into organized religion (phony reverends looking for money) but there is a lot of truth to some of that stuff, it is the way it is.......
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

That picture is further proof that conservatives are lousy artists. I'd say at least 90% of great art was created by liberal minded people. The person who painted that piece of crap has the imagination of a child, and his own comments clearly reveal he didn't know a lot of the facts when he painted that hideous work. As far as symbolically, nevermind that Christ is white, blond, and muscular or that there are no Latinos, American Indians, or Asians in the picture, it's an ugly and shallow painting.
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

You missed Sequoyah in the far left corner, right behind Harriet Tubman...
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Oh, yeah, there are a lot of minorities in the back, probably an instinctive decision on the part of the conservative painter.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Yeah. All the blacks are in the back row except for the guy holding the Bible and the soldier who, of course, is black. No MLK or Al Green in sight.

I like the Halloween painting, with the Pagan Jack-O-Lantern idols and the demonic theme of the ghostly celebration of the dead. I mi8ght buy it for my 7 year-old nephew. He loves Halloween art. The rest is really crap.

McNaughton Fine Art
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Here's one of my favorite works of art depicting real America from my favorite American artist:

[​IMG]
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

What's a mall?

Oh!... is that where my wife and daughter spend Sunday afternoon while I'm watching the game?
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Appears that you captioned his response, which now exists in the non response area.... never saw anything in any mall I have seen...
  12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree. This artwork is offensive, degrading, and quite honestly shows absolutely no artistic talent whatsoever. Clearly he will be getting an NEA endowment any day now.
  13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Great art like Piss Christ right?

[​IMG]
    Piss Christ is a 1987 photograph by photographer Andres Serrano. It depicts a small plastic crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine

You should try clicking the link, and seeing who the people behind Jesus are, before you spew your hate.
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

We all saw who was behind Jesus, and saw who was in the front right.. it is an idiotic painting, comparing it to the work of Andres Serrano is flat out dumb, because Serrano did that than this is justified?? WTF.. both are idiotic, neither is really justified.. perhaps this picture is your view of the world... but one thing for sure Jesus did not sport a well coiffed beard...

Think how stupid this is, it is ok because of what Serrano did in 1989... Jesse Helms would be proud that you carry on his work..
  15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

There's a good 3 or even 4 empty square inches of space there, where's Rush?

As far as it being art? Well I suppose if the shade of the sky matches the curtains in your living room, it'll do.
  16. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Its not art its propaganda, its probably a picture from the New Bible i've read religious conservatives are working on.

Conservative Bible Project Cuts Out Liberal Passages

Lo and behold, the Bible has gotten too liberal, according to a group of conservatives. And it needs a little editing.

That's the inspiration behind the Conservative Bible Project, which seeks to take the text back to its supposed right-wing roots.

Yes, even scripture is not orthodox enough for the modern conservative. Not that it's the fault of the author(s), exactly. The group cites a few reasons why the Bible is too progressive: "Lack of precision in the original language ... lack of precision in modern language" and "translation bias in converting the original language to the modern one."

So how can the Bible be conservatized? The group has proposed a Wikipedia-like group editing project. Some of the ideas would only bring the translation closer to the original. But others would fundamentally change the text.

1. Framework against Liberal Bias: providing a strong framework that enables a thought-for-thought translation without corruption by liberal bias

2. Not Emasculated: avoiding unisex, "gender inclusive" language, and other modern emasculation of Christianity
    3. Not Dumbed Down: not dumbing down the reading level, or diluting the intellectual force and logic of Christianity; the NIV is written at only the 7th grade level[3]
    4. Utilize Powerful Conservative Terms: using powerful new conservative terms as they develop;[4] defective translations use the word "comrade" three times as often as "volunteer"; similarly, updating words which have a change in meaning, such as "word", "peace", and "miracle".
    5. Combat Harmful Addiction: combating addiction by using modern terms for it, such as "gamble" rather than "cast lots";[5] using modern political terms, such as "register" rather than "enroll" for the census
    etc, etc, etc
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

People have been editing and revising the Bible for about 3,000 years now to suit their own needs, beliefs, interpretations, and so on. How is it newsworthy that another group is doing the same thing yet again?
  18. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Really, actually changing the wording, id like you to prove that.
    The Bible forbids adding or omitting any words and says they are NOT open to interpritation. So anyone doing so would lose the moral authority to claim they have special knowlage.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

But not in the mass media age, so it suits a specific agenda or political ideology... this is a unique situation...
  20. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I wonder in re-interpriting the Bible if these people leave out the sentance about this being the Holy word of God and nothing can be added or omitted, and its not open to interpretation.