PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Patriots story

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
My friends at a bar last weekend drinking and shooting the ****e, and he sees Artrell Hawkins at the bar. Some kid at the bar approaches him, and says the pats are going to be awesome this year. Hawkins looks at the kid and goes "NO...were going to be f**king nasty this year". The kid and his friends starting talking about the draft and if the pats should draft a CB, and Artrell apparently said we dont need no corners.

Thought I would share that.

cool if its true they all must be pumped up bout the season and ready to kick some *****...

OK so I met Scott Pioli( true story) and told him what was wrong with the Pats( before I realized It was him of course) right before the Super Bowl) . After that we spent a butt- load of $$$. Thank me later. Met him at the Melting Pot in Vegas. Ask me more if you'd like...

My friends at a bar last weekend drinking and shooting the ****e, and he sees Artrell Hawkins at the bar. Some kid at the bar approaches him, and says the pats are going to be awesome this year. Hawkins looks at the kid and goes "NO...were going to be f**king nasty this year". The kid and his friends starting talking about the draft and if the pats should draft a CB, and Artrell apparently said we dont need no corners.

I thought Sanders was a decent replacement back there. Hawkins on the other hand.....

cool if its true they all must be pumped up bout the season and ready to kick some *****...

he should be pumped if BB invites him back to training camp. Hawkins doesn't have the long term potential to start and therefore, is very iffy on the team long term by getting bumped by a rookie with high upside like someone that played at Texas or Florida or even Utah.

Last edited:
How old is the kid? He shouldn't be cussing at a kid....

Old enough to be in a bar, old enough to hear a wirty durd

he should be pumped if BB invites him back to training camp. Hawkins doesn't have the long term potential to start and therefore, is very iffy on the team long term by getting bumped by a rookie with high upside like someone that played at Texas or Florida or even Utah.

I don't know why all the Artrell bashing all of a sudden. He's a journeyman cornerback who stabilized our defense for a year and a half as safety while Rodney was injured more often than healthy.

If Samuel leaves we'll need as many vets back there as possible since we'll be depending on Sanders and rookies in the future.

Artrell is what he is and we were lucky as hell to pick him up, or do you forget Starks, Freeman and Earthwind?

Last edited:
He might not be great, but he plays good and i for some reason believed the patriots are a team of players and not great stat guys maybe i am mistaken.

I have comcast and i rewatched the sd game and yes he blew a block[open space when LT jucked him] in the 50 yrd screen but on watching close he saved so many big runs by LT with his good tackling and clean finish by not LT get home runs every time on open field.He brought LT down 1 on 1 more than any player that day , but if you look at the bashing you would think he missed all his tackles in space and LT scored TD `s.Making a tackle on open space is very hard especialy on a player like LT.

He played really well in our system and inspite of what everyone thinks him and sanders did awesome job with hobbs and samuel in the backfield.Only when him and sanders left in the 2nd half in the afc title game that peyton scored all this TDs.Eric alendar played all the game too and with them in the bacj he did a good job.Just replacing them with backups the whole defence looked weak and winded yet they get no kudo`s.
When turner broke loose twice in the back field their is hawkins getting him in open space and stopping TD`s
Look at the viking they have the best defence against the run and their secondary got lit up , but the patriots gave the lowest franchise pt this year and yet the defencsive starters is getting mauled for doing a good job.Just having a good front 7 does not make good defenses.

Chad scott gets **** too but guess what he tackle Gates when he was in for hobbs and changed a first down to 4th.Clean tackling in open space is again very hard .On that day he was very effective.

Last edited:
I don't know why all the Artrell bashing all of a sudden. He's a journeyman cornerback who stabilized our defense for a year and a half as safety while Rodney was injured more often than healthy.
I agree with you, but I think its unfair to call Hawkins a journeyman when he's played with three teams in his entire NFL career and made it through every training camp so far when healthy.

For the skeptical: Hawkins should be confident about being part of this team. He can play every spot in the defensive secondary. That counts for something.

I agree Hawkins seems to be able to be plugged into a lot of gaps,that wont hurt him in BB's schemes.

Bump for Artrell and James! :rocker:

He might not be great, but he plays good and i for some reason believed the patriots are a team of players and not great stat guys maybe i am mistaken.

I have comcast and i rewatched the sd game and yes he blew a block[open space when LT jucked him] in the 50 yrd screen but on watching close he saved so many big runs by LT with his good tackling and clean finish by not LT get home runs every time on open field.He brought LT down 1 on 1 more than any player that day , but if you look at the bashing you would think he missed all his tackles in space and LT scored TD `s.Making a tackle on open space is very hard especialy on a player like LT.

He played really well in our system and inspite of what everyone thinks him and sanders did awesome job with hobbs and samuel in the backfield.Only when him and sanders left in the 2nd half in the afc title game that peyton scored all this TDs.Eric alendar played all the game too and with them in the bacj he did a good job.Just replacing them with backups the whole defence looked weak and winded yet they get no kudo`s.
When turner broke loose twice in the back field their is hawkins getting him in open space and stopping TD`s
Look at the viking they have the best defence against the run and their secondary got lit up , but the patriots gave the lowest franchise pt this year and yet the defencsive starters is getting mauled for doing a good job.Just having a good front 7 does not make good defenses.

Chad scott gets **** too but guess what he tackle Gates when he was in for hobbs and changed a first down to 4th.Clean tackling in open space is again very hard .On that day he was very effective.

"Cool story Hansel!!":rolleyes:

OK so I met Scott Pioli( true story) and told him what was wrong with the Pats( before I realized It was him of course) right before the Super Bowl) . After that we spent a butt- load of $$$. Thank me later. Met him at the Melting Pot in Vegas. Ask me more if you'd like...

I'm sure he gave you all the scoops right? What are they gonna do with the #24?:rolleyes:

I had dinner with Tom the other night and I told him I thought he was awesome. He then told me he's going to play lefty next year. Do you believe it? Oh yeah, I picked up his tab.

Threads like this are absolutely ridiculous internet fan-boy fodder. My rant is done.

If Samuel leaves we'll need as many vets back there as possible since we'll be depending on Sanders and rookies in the future.

Artrell is what he is and we were lucky as hell to pick him up, or do you forget Starks, Freeman and Earthwind?

By the end of last season, Hawkins was the weak link in the secondary. He was getting burned and he's lost enough where he is NOT a viable option at CB anymore.

I met Bill Belichick in 2000 at a gentlemen's club in upstate NY. I told him that Tom Brady from Michigan could turn out to be the next Joe Montana. I also told him that David Terrel would be a complete flop becuase he seems to be a slacker and that Koren Robinson would have a few good seasons but then he would become a drunk and be a non-factor. I said Richard Seymour Defensive tackle from Georgia would fit great in the 3-4.

Then I met him at the same Gentlemen's club in 2005 after the 3rd superbowl victory. Bill thanked me and bought me a beer. Good times.

I agree with Hawkins the DB are nasty

100% right....hawkins did indeed help stabilize our backfield at a time when we needed it most. He adds tremendous depth for us.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back