PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Patriots business article

Status
Not open for further replies.

ausbacker

TB12
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Doing some light business reading as one does, I came across a very interesting article on the Patriots business success. It makes for interesting reading.

Not that we didn't already know that the Patriots plan for long term success both on and off the field, but it is interesting to read the scope of the planning and position value commentary. In light of the McDaniels departure, the succession planning part of this piece should rest all at ease.

Discuss..

The NFL’s Smartest Business Team | BNET

Nice find!!!

Many thanks, you are right, it is a very interesting article.

They ARE a meticulous team - - - from the top to the bottom.

Great find. Thank you.

For those of us who are in the business-world or who are managers of people or organizations I highly recommend this book. It's a bit dated, but the concepts of building value, teamwork, cross-functional job flexibilty and personnel management are all addressed (with the football spin) in this book.

Good reading for a flight to Europe or the West Coast!

It will be interesting in light of the adminstrative and coaching changes to see how the Patriots respond during the 2009 pre-season.

With the return of Brady imminent (I hope), a plethora of draft picks and personnel changes, it really is an exciting time to be a Patriot supporter.

Last edited:
Doing some light business reading as one does, I came across a very interesting article on the Patriots business success. It makes for interesting reading.

Not that we didn't already know that the Patriots plan for long term success both on and off the field, but it is interesting to read the scope of the planning and position value commentary. In light of the McDaniels departure, the succession planning part of this piece should rest all at ease.

Discuss..

The NFL’s Smartest Business Team | BNET

Excellent find, I like this:
“There is not any tough transition period,” says Holley. “I don’t know a lot of teams that operate that way. The Patriots believe in developing coaches the way they develop players.”

Nice article. Kudos to Robert Kraft; it is clear from this article that he has vision and the ability to recognize it in others. It explains the draft picks given to the JETS for BB.

As an IT guy I would love to see their IT systems and know what software they are running to do all they do.

I am also confident in a copycat league that RK and BB will always be able to stay ahead of the game, and that is one of the key drivers that keeps BB at Foxborough :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back