PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting offseason cuts around the league thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titus Young is over rated and an all around Douche bag but all it costs to bring him in is a waiver claim. It is not like the Patriots avoid troubled players.

This is a position of need, for $600K you upgrade the outside WR position and if it doesn't work out, cut his ass. Hell even if an upgrade becomes available before the season starts, cut his ass. Very low risk move, kinda like a discount insurance policy.

Titus Young - Detroit Lions - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Salaries
7/28/2011: Signed a four-year, $4.56 million contract. The deal included a $1.81 million signing bonus.
2013: $555,000 (+ $184,666 reporting bonus + $50,000 workout bonus)
2014: $645,000

2015: Free Agent

I don't know why anybody would want to pay him $185k just to show up to camp

Jeff Fisher and Titus Young. Two guys I absolutely despise.

Jeff Fisher and Titus Young. Two guys I absolutely despise.

I hear that.

If anyone can get him to settle down though, it may be J.Fisher.

Many here wondered if Janoris Jenkins was off of the NEP board altogether, and Fisher and the Rams turned him into something to keep an eye on as he had a decent year.

Now you have J.Jenkins, C.Finnegan and T.Young all on the same team. I'm curious to see how that works out, but it seems as though many players end up respecting Fisher.

Frostee Rucker, Kyle Vanden Bosch, and Steven Peterman were all cut..

People are calling for a coverage LB.... Here's one coming on the market:

The Giants are saying goodbye to linebacker Michael Boley.

The Giants announced the move on Tuesday afternoon, and coach Tom Coughlin and General Manager Jerry Reese both praised Boley on his way out the door.

Giants cut Michael Boley | ProFootballTalk

Frostee Rucker, Kyle Vanden Bosch, and Steven Peterman were all cut..

Vanden Bosch has really tailed off the past season or two, and has a cap hit of over 10 million for 2013.

The other 2 may be possibilities.

$4.25MM for a coverage linebacker might be a bit steep.

That said, good player. Not sure why the Giants did this.

May be some injury concerns that were kept internal.

$4.25MM for a coverage linebacker might be a bit steep.

That said, good player. Not sure why the Giants did this.
He's on the decline. He was benched the last few games of the season.

Nnamdi Asomugha is due to make $15 million this year; Philly beat writers are assuming he'll be cut, which makes sense. He'll be 32 but may be available for a lower price than some of the younger free agent corners.

Dues you are exactly right. We could use this guy but do you think he will want to be a starter. What type of money do you think he would be looking for?

Well, he's aging, and he's not good enough to start for the Patriots. If he thinks he's still a starter, and worth starter money, he won't be playing for New England. If he has accepted that he's now a situational player, and he's willing to be paid accordingly, he could at least theoretically address the coverage LB need.

Personally, I think he'll look for the higher end of the market for his services. If that fails, NE might then be more of an option.

He's on the decline. He was benched the last few games of the season.

Looks like they're also having to make some tough cuts to make room for both Nicks and Cruz.

They also have a younger guy (Joaquin?) who appears primed to step into a starter's role.

Vanden Bosch has really tailed off the past season or two, and has a cap hit of over 10 million for 2013.

The other 2 may be possibilities.

Peterman was horrible this year.

Looks like they're also having to make some tough cuts to make room for both Nicks and Cruz.

They also have a younger guy (Joaquin?) who appears primed to step into a starter's role.

Well, now that Flacco's the SB winning QB and 'elite', while Manning missed the playoffs and should, using the logic, now be just another stiff QB, maybe they can force Fivehead's little brother to take a pay cut. ;)

Peterman was horrible this year.

Well that narrows it down to one then, as I am unfamiliar with the work of Stephen Peterman. I was solely basing the possibility on the fact that he started all 16 games over the other guard who had a higher cap hit.

LaConfora is predicting that the Raiders will cut Darrius Heyward-Bey. He would be a nice addition to stretch the field.

Right now, I don't see Welker, Vollmer or Talib returning. The cuts around the league will provide cheaper alternatives. Which,I guess, may leado any of those 3 returning at airier deals.

LaConfora is predicting that the Raiders will cut Darrius Heyward-Bey. He would be a nice addition to stretch the field.

Right now, I don't see Welker, Vollmer or Talib returning. The cuts around the league will provide cheaper alternatives. Which,I guess, may leado any of those 3 returning at airier deals.

Yeah, if the deal is affordable, this might be a good pick up...

Nnamdi Asomugha is due to make $15 million this year; Philly beat writers are assuming he'll be cut, which makes sense. He'll be 32 but may be available for a lower price than some of the younger free agent corners.

If the Pats are really that concerned with Talib's work ethic and Nnamdi is cut, I wouldn't be against them signing him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back