PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting note about Jets Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008/09/national-football-post-tavern-talk-18/

The Chris Baker signing by the Jets was not all that they have done. The Jets were forced to redo the deal for Kenyon Coleman, their starting defensive tackle, in order to get more cap room for the season. That is just amazing to me. Teams that need cap room in this era of the cap are in for future trouble. The Jets are win at all costs this year -— all costs. If this team does well, they will all be back. If the Jets don’t do well, guess what? They will all still be back. They are in cap hell based on the guarantees.

they definately sold the farm for this year, little piggy went to market, and after this year little piggy goes home.:D

Based on week 1 (and it's always an awesome idea to make value judgments based on a sample size of one), I'd say that they've got to be pretty pleased with the Calvin Pace signing. Gholston, though.... not that he won't be a good player, but salaries at the top of the draft are so far beyond ridiculous that there's really nothing left to say. I'm glad that we're paying Mayo substantially less (plus he'll probably be better, and at a position that's harder to fill).

Do you mean girth wise or hit and run.

After the cluster**** in NY is all said and done, I dunno where he expects to run to.

I can't say I blame Mangini because he put himself in this position. If he loses this job who is going to hire him? So why not sell the farm? If he doesn't he might be fired anyways. There's the image of him as a Rat.

No one likes Mangini. I was watching Farve's face on Sunday, I think he's a little worried about his decision to become a Jet.

I actually read somewhere that the Jets are projected to have near 20 mil cap room for next year. Week one all four of the big signings played up to expectations

Last edited:
I actually read somewhere that the Jets are projected to have near 20 mil cap room for next year. Week one all four of the big signings played up to expectations

I actually read somewhere that the Jets are going to be in cap hell next year...I don't recall where though....:rolleyes:

We are built for now and the future because we spend wisely and stock pile picks and we are getting younger by the year and will just continue that in April with 2-2's in the bank. Hard to believe what we could have done with that 31 this past April. Oh well.

The Rats on the other hand are built only for today and today only. I tried telling those NY idiots on their board this, but they're clueless and could care less about the future. With their track record, no wonder why they've sold the farm for now. This is it for the Rat, he dives this year, he's gone and back on his knees begging BB for his old coffee-fetching job back.

I kind of wish the last episode of the Sopranos was that of one where Tony and Paulie take Ratgini out on Tony's yacht for a boat ride. I'm picturing the camera, going from Fat Eric, then back to T and Paulie, then back to Fat Eric with a nervous look on his face, then back to T and Paulie. You know the rest..............

Last edited by a moderator:
We are built for now and the future because we spend wisely and stock pile picks and we are getting younger by the year and will just continue that in April with 2-2's in the bank. Hard to believe what we could have done with that 31 this past April. Oh well.

The Rats on the other hand are built only for today and today only. I tried telling those NY idiots on their board this, but they're clueless and could care less about the future. With their track record, no wonder why they've sold the farm for now. This is it for the Rat, he dives this year, he's gone and back on his knees begging BB for his old coffee-fetching job back.

BY the way you are a terrible troll on ganggreen who says random incorrect **** then runs. Maybe if you actually tried to post w/o being insulting you would get better results like the regular pats fans who I see post and no one has any issue with.

For your post, tell me how Calvin Pace, Kris Jenkins, and Damien Woody are players only built for today. I will concede Faneca even though I think he has 3 good years in him.

I kind of wish the last episode of the Sopranos was that of one where Tony and Paulie take Ratgini out on Tony's yacht for a boat ride. I'm picturing the camera, going from Fat Eric, then back to T and Paulie, then back to Fat Eric with a nervous look on his face, then back to T and Paulie. You know the rest..............

That is hilarious....

BY the way you are a terrible troll on ganggreen who says random incorrect **** then runs. Maybe if you actually tried to post w/o being insulting you would get better results like the regular pats fans who I see post and no one has any issue with.

For your post, tell me how Calvin Pace, Kris Jenkins, and Damien Woody are players only built for today. I will concede Faneca even though I think he has 3 good years in him.

First of all, I really would remove Damien Woody from your argument. Jenkins if can keep the fat off might do something for you, but with him, now that he has his signing bonus in the bank, watch out and watch the calories, because he'll fade as the year goes on. Calvin Pace is a player, but here's what i don't get, look at the money you are paying for your 2 outside 3-4 pass rushing OLB's. You guys would have been so much better off trading down, stock piling picks and drafting Brandon Albert or DRC. Fat Boy was so concerned about us drafting Gholston they he took him to keep him from us. Thanks, he's been shaky so far and Mayo was our bigger need anyway and is going to be the better player.

Forget those 3, I'm talking about Favre. Did you see that quale he tossed up there that luckily found it's way into the endzone. How many times do you think he's going to do stuff like that? Alot, watch out when you start playing real teams and real defenses, the picks will start rolling in. He's old, he's on the 17th hole looking at 18. He's the here and now and if you don't do it this year, what make you think Brett could do it for you next year when he's a year older ? Not to mention the draft pick he's going to cost you and the fact that you have no QB on the horizon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't happened to a better team.

Based soley on performance, if Gholston had been drafted in the 3rd round or lower, he'd be on the practice squad right now

First of all, I really would remove Damien Woody from your argument. Jenkins if can keep the fat off might do something for you, but with him, now that he has his signing bonus in the bank, watch out and watch the calories, because he'll fade as the year goes on. Calvin Pace is a player, but here's what i don't get, look at the money you are paying for your 2 outside 3-4 pass rushing OLB's. You guys would have been so much better off trading down, stock piling picks and drafting Brandon Albert or DRC. Fat Boy was so concerned about us drafting Gholston they he took him to keep him from us. Thanks, he's been shaky so far and Mayo was our bigger need anyway and is going to be the better player.

Forget those 3, I'm talking about Favre. Did you see that quale he tossed up there that luckily found it's way into the endzone. How many times do you think he's going to do stuff like that? Alot, watch out when you start playing real teams and real defenses, the picks will start rolling in. He's old, he's on the 17th hole looking at 18. He's the here and now and if you don't do it this year, what make you think Brett could do it for you next year when he's a year older ?
Your prediction on Jenkins involves no tangible instead is just your wishful thinking. Based on what will he fade? he still has weight clauses in his deal to keep weight down, and he is only 29. 3-4 NT's can play forever.

Gholston had a good first game, he almost had 2 sacks and he had a couple of pressures. He had a hand on Pennington when he had the ball. For a rookie learning a new position I would give him a B for game one. It would have been ridiculous if we traded and to have the pats them scoop up a player with immeasureables through the roof.

Brett Favre = Top 5 QB right now no matter how much any of you guys try to keep throwing dirt on him. It was a 4th and 13 in which he threw that duck. With a kicker we take the points. He threw it b/c there was no down side. Who gives a crap if it gets picked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes