PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting non-Pats cuts thread (merged X2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice little link..
NFL.com Blogs roster cutdown

Interesting Cuts:
Tony Pashos - OT - from the Jags
Ryan Fowler - MLB - Titans
Corey Ivy - DB - Cleveland - Someone to potentiall replace Slater if Slater gets IRed.
Mike Reilly - QB - Steelers - He was someone I thought the Pats might look at in the draft
Buster Davis - MLB
DeAngelo Willingham - DB - Pats tried to claim him originally, but the Cowboys snagged him.

Roy Scheuning
- G - he as high on a lot of people's draft lists last year. Cut by the Rams.
Ian Johnson - RB - Cut by the Vikings.. Great kid out of Boise state...I'd like to see him on the PS as a Faulk type player.

Jason LaConforda is reporting that the Pats are still trying to get Kevin Carter to sign with the team.

Last edited:
Perhaps the prospects of being a starter might help the negotiations.

Nice little link..
NFL.com Blogs roster cutdown

Interesting Cuts:
Tony Pashos - OT - from the Jags
Ryan Fowler - MLB - Titans
Corey Ivy - DB - Cleveland - Someone to potentiall replace Slater if Slater gets IRed.
Mike Reilly - QB - Steelers - He was someone I thought the Pats might look at in the draft
Buster Davis - MLB
DeAngelo Willingham - DB - Pats tried to claim him originally, but the Cowboys snagged him.

Roy Scheuning
- G - he as high on a lot of people's draft lists last year. Cut by the Rams.
Ian Johnson - RB - Cut by the Vikings.. Great kid out of Boise state...I'd like to see him on the PS as a Faulk type player.

Jason LaConforda is reporting that the Pats are still trying to get Kevin Carter to sign with the team.

ILB Matt Wilhelm, by Philly;

C Steven Justice, by Indy;

WR DJ Hackett, by Washington;

QB AJ Feely, by Philly (in case anyone hadn't noticed);

DE/DT Rodrique Wright, by Miami;

LG/LT Adrian Jones, by Houston;

CB/STer Anthony Madison, by Pits-dirt;

CB/Returner Justin Miller, by uncle Al;

DE/OLB Tim Crowder, by Denver;

OG Kynan Forney, by SD;

OLB Darryl Blackstock, by Cincy.

Those are off the top of my head; man, there's a lot of names to remember.

ILB Matt Wilhelm, by Philly;

C Steven Justice, by Indy;

WR DJ Hackett, by Washington;

QB AJ Feely, by Philly (in case anyone hadn't noticed);

DE/DT Rodrique Wright, by Miami;

LG/LT Adrian Jones, by Houston;

CB/STer Anthony Madison, by Pits-dirt;

CB/Returner Justin Miller, by uncle Al;

DE/OLB Tim Crowder, by Denver;

OG Kynan Forney, by SD;

OLB Darryl Blackstock, by Cincy.

Those are off the top of my head; man, there's a lot of names to remember.

Not that it matters, but I don't think the Pats are interested in Wilhelm. They got to see, first hand, what he has/doesn't have when they played him.

I don't think they'd be interested in Hackett, Wright, or Miller either, but that's just my opinion.

Some other players of interest:

Graham Gano - K/P - This kid can BOOM the football. He was a kicker who can also punt very well.

John DiGorgio - LB - Released by the Bills after failing physical... He'd have to get healthy first, but he was really good for the Bills..

Marcus Freeman - LB - Bears
Robert McCune - LB - Cleveland
Beau Bell - ILB - Clevland
Ikaika Alama-Francis - this kid was very highly touted coming out of college last year. It will be interesting to see if the Pats bring him in for an eval.
Alex Stepanovich - Former Cardinals Center. Could be a solid back-up behind Koppen.

Some other players of interest:

Graham Gano - K/P - This kid can BOOM the football. He was a kicker who can also punt very well.

John DiGorgio - LB - Released by the Bills after failing physical... He'd have to get healthy first, but he was really good for the Bills..

Marcus Freeman - LB - Bears
Robert McCune - LB - Cleveland
Beau Bell - ILB - Clevland
Ikaika Alama-Francis - this kid was very highly touted coming out of college last year. It will be interesting to see if the Pats bring him in for an eval.
Alex Stepanovich - Former Cardinals Center. Could be a solid back-up behind Koppen.

Liked Beau Bell coming out of college, but he hasn't lived up to his potential. Player Bio: Beau Bell :: Football . Was also interested in Alphabet-Francis, but if he can't start for the Lions last year? Yikes. Ikaika Alama-Francis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back