Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interesting move by Deval Patrick

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Gainzo, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

For those of you who live in Mass I'm sure you are all up to speed on Jeff Perry.

Deval is playing politics here but I like what he did (I would feel the same if Perry was a Democrat).

Funds vetoed after hiring of ex-candidate - The Boston Globe
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 5 / -2

Pot. Kettle. Black.

That's all fine and dandy, as I like the fact that needless positions and spending are being either denied, or eliminated. I just can't throw any alcolades to the governor since he once tried to create a position for a pal out of thin air. If this were a democrat looking for that job and the associated money I bet it wouldn't be line item vetoed at all. Matter of fact we know it wouldn't (see below). Again, I'm glad he gave the finger to the $104k for that hack job Perry was seaking, but his own personal history proves he's FOS when it comes to crap like this.

Just last month there was this.

3. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

Not happy about the Murphy hiring either. You did see in my OP that I would have felt the same about Perry if he was a Democract.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 5 / -2

Oh I did. I'm in no way pointing anything at you. I think you and I are on the same page with respect to the needless positions and the associated costs. I'm just trying to shed a little light on how politicians, in this case Patrick, tend to operate. It's do as I say, not as I do type policy.

BTW, notice how these failed candidate, career government related job types, always end up with a job paid for by you and me. Cronie politics and patron hiring baby. It's the Massachusetts way. :mad:
  5. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

You may shoot me for this but I'm looking seriously at public sector positions after being in the private sector all of my working life. Does that make me a bad person?

Back to Mass. Is Mass any worse than any other state when it comes to this kind of stuff? Scott "crush the unions" Walker just did the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

This kind of stuff is why I'm a huge advocate of a legitimate 3rd party.
  6. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Mass. is pretty bad when it comes to this type of corruption and patronage.
  7. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

I don't think it's worse than any other State. Mass gets a bad rap as "Taxassachusetts" but based on the current numbers Massachusetts is doing a heck of a lot better than other States right now and our tax burden is middle of the road.