Interesting little note about Parcells

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
from Borges:
Bill Parcells may be greasing the skids for a departure from Dallas because he's again complaining about his health, which he's done in the past when the end was in sight but the end of his contract was not. Following the Cowboys' 27-10 victory over the Redskins last Sunday, Parcells whispered into the microphone, ``I just want my team to play better. It's hard on me. It really is. I am feeling ill right now, literally. I just want us to play better." Later, the 65-year-old coach said he was suffering from stress, dehydration, and an electrolyte imbalance. Parcells claims his pregame attire and in-game superstitions were part of the problem. He put on a rain jacket before the game to deal with the wet weather but when the weather cleared, he never removed the jacket because the Cowboys were winning, leading to dehydration.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/24/nfl_set_to_scale_great_wall/?page=5

This is the great coaching mind? Let me make myself sick because my rain jacket is helping us win? Now BB might do the exact same thing but I can't believe that the whole "doing everything to help the team win" includes this.

PatsRI said:
from Borges:
Bill Parcells may be greasing the skids for a departure from Dallas because he's again complaining about his health, which he's done in the past when the end was in sight but the end of his contract was not. Following the Cowboys' 27-10 victory over the Redskins last Sunday, Parcells whispered into the microphone, ``I just want my team to play better. It's hard on me. It really is. I am feeling ill right now, literally. I just want us to play better." Later, the 65-year-old coach said he was suffering from stress, dehydration, and an electrolyte imbalance. Parcells claims his pregame attire and in-game superstitions were part of the problem. He put on a rain jacket before the game to deal with the wet weather but when the weather cleared, he never removed the jacket because the Cowboys were winning, leading to dehydration.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/24/nfl_set_to_scale_great_wall/?page=5

This is the great coaching mind? Let me make myself sick because my rain jacket is helping us win? Now BB might do the exact same thing but I can't believe that the whole "doing everything to help the team win" includes this.
Years of abusing his body is taking its toll. if one lives full throttle all the time it's going to catch up with them.

Parcells retired and had 2 heart procedures in 1990.

He's 16 years older.

Only a sickie like Borges would suggest Parcells is faking some kind of illness when it's very likely the stress of the game has gotten to him again.

Even if he is correct, (and they don't call him Wrong for nothing), questioning Parcells on this is absurd, he's an old man and he's had health issues.

I hope for Parcells sake that this is just writers bull***.

If he needs to get out, that's what he needs to do. It's only a game.

Parcells was due for another burnout, hopefully he recovers from whatever is bugging him and finishes the season okay.

I hope Bill doesn't make that mistake with the clothing again. He has had many health issues in the past and he should not play around like that, winning or not winning.

Parcells has never finished a contract. That was the only reason he signed a one year extension last season, to keep his track record in tact. This is his swan song. He desperately wanted to win one more to polish up his resume for his HOF induction which is now based on things he did with BB almost 20 years ago. But he really shot himself in the foot with the Bledsoe decision. He knows that now. Even when Drew plays decently he knows that is the exception to the rule. He's built a pretty nice D in Dallas but he aint hanging around for the Romo transition (which may come earlier than he'd hoped). Once upon a time he coached guys who maybe cared about making their coach sick. As a motivational tool that one won't play on this team. Glenn may care but the rest of them have enough ongoing issues with him or are so totally self absorbed as is the NFL model in the cap era that playing the you're killing me card won't work. Parcell's ain't the Gipper.

What is this his 3rd retirement now, or his 4th?? Come on, after that many retirements from the game, it's only natural to wonder if he's being truthful. You have to wonder if he wants out of Mr. Jones' Grocery Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back