PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting info on Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do people on this board always hate on Jay Cutler? He's a damn good QB.
Because he hasn't led a team to a winning season since High School, he throws his teammates under the bus, and he's a choker.

the way he acts like such a little kid, its possible.
You say he acts like a little kid but have you listened to him in interviews? Really, what have you seen that makes you say that? Here's a story about Rivers that cracks me up...
Rivers is back to pass and lofts a long one. As he releases the ball he is absolutely mauled by Warren Sapp, he doesn't even see the result of the play which ended in a long TD. He gets up, sees that it was a TD, looks down at Sapp and says "Is that all you got, fat boy"? If that's acting like a "little kid", well, I kind of like the courage it took to say it, even if I don't like the "immaturity" of it.

You say he acts like a little kid but have you listened to him in interviews? Really, what have you seen that makes you say that? Here's a story about Rivers that cracks me up...
Rivers is back to pass and lofts a long one. As he releases the ball he is absolutely mauled by Warren Sapp, he doesn't even see the result of the play which ended in a long TD. He gets up, sees that it was a TD, looks down at Sapp and says "Is that all you got, fat boy"? If that's acting like a "little kid", well, I kind of like the courage it took to say it, even if I don't like the "immaturity" of it.
that was a long pass to parker, but it wasn't a td, i remember that play well

he's acted like a little kid this season? when?

look, in the post-season last year (I haven't seen him at all this season), Rivers displayed his passion unabashed of what others thought of him. It was unfortunately to the point where he looked like a jack@#$. It's just the way he comes off. It's good to see that the players are into the sport as much as us, but he just looks juvenile out there at times. I'm not talking about press conferences. I'm talking about him out on the field during last post-season. And it's unfortunate for him that he rubs off the way he does. He just has to live with it.

look, in the post-season last year (I haven't seen him at all this season), Rivers displayed his passion unabashed of what others thought of him. It was unfortunately to the point where he looked like a jack@#$. It's just the way he comes off. It's good to see that the players are into the sport as much as us, but he just looks juvenile out there at times. I'm not talking about press conferences. I'm talking about him out on the field during last post-season. And it's unfortunate for him that he rubs off the way he does. He just has to live with it.
I see your pov. Thanks.

ah ok, i thought people were talking about this season , cause if so, i didn't notice any of that 'yet'

I would also take Cutler.

It would be very interesting to see where Cutler would be if he was the Pats QB (No, I wouldn't give up TB). It seems to me that he could be much better if he didn't have a bunch of headcases (Brandon Marshall, Javon Walker, Travis Henry) to work with.

It's fairly interesting how much quicker lil Eli progressed when his knuckleheads (Tiki, Shockey) disappeared.

Rivers does seem to be somewhat of a headcase. BB would probably "ruin" him.

I would also take Cutler.

It would be very interesting to see where Cutler would be if he was the Pats QB (No, I wouldn't give up TB). It seems to me that he could be much better if he didn't have a bunch of headcases (Brandon Marshall, Javon Walker, Travis Henry) to work with.

It's fairly interesting how much quicker lil Eli progressed when his knuckleheads (Tiki, Shockey) disappeared.

Rivers does seem to be somewhat of a headcase. BB would probably "ruin" him.
BB would love Rivers. Dude is a student of the game, lives for football and is tough as nails. I think he would take Rivers over both Eli, who isn't as tough as Rivers, or Cutler, who is a whiney bit**. Blames others for his mistakes and calls his teammates out in front of the whole world when they make mistakes. Ever see TB do that? Or Rivers?

Last edited:
I saw Cutler call out Brandon Marshall. Don't really see a problem there.

I actually think the Chargers would be better if Rivers did call out some of those whiney azz "superstars"

"Calling someone out" is not always a bad thing.

BB would love Rivers.
:rofl: Spoken like a true Carger fan - no concept of what makes a QB great. Getting into shouting matches with fans isn't exactly the maturity that most teams are looking for.

You got him, and will live and die with him, but I don't envy you at all.

The only positive thing about Rivers is that he played hurt.

But he isnt that good a QB, and has the emotional stability of Bethel Johnson.

I actually think the Chargers would be better if Rivers did call out some of those whiney azz "superstars"

if rivers did that he'd just get crapped on by the media lol

dude can't win despite being a lifelong winner at the qb position.

cutler , for being a lifelong loser, can't lose, because he's the white vick, without the dogs

chicks love the long ball as they say

Rivers is back to pass and lofts a long one. As he releases the ball he is absolutely mauled by Warren Sapp, he doesn't even see the result of the play which ended in a long TD. He gets up, sees that it was a TD, looks down at Sapp and says "Is that all you got, fat boy"?
No one ever accused Rivers of being a coward or being mature.

:rofl: Spoken like a true Carger fan - no concept of what makes a QB great. Getting into shouting matches with fans isn't exactly the maturity that most teams are looking for.

he's always been a winner though, every season, everywhere.

I get it. LT is one tough crybaby. Works for me.

anyone remember the tennesse game last , when rivers was having a bad game and after throwing a pick he goes and sat near LT walked off ?? what a teamate. ....

It is in front of millions. There is a time and a place for it. Ask the players how they feel about someone calling them out while on the field for all to see.

You sure don't have much faith in BB do you? I believe BB could break him of that, if BB wanted to, apparently you don't. Funny that I have more faith in the coach of your team than you do.

We all have opinions. Mine is that Rivers will be a great QB someday and BB would love to have him as a Patriot if they had chosen him. Disclaimer: I am not saying he would want Rivers over TB, no way, so don't try to go there.

Two gross exaagerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey